Patch - 18.7 Patch

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Patch - 18.7 Patch

Postby Silvana » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 pm

The mother of all patches is now out in AO!

You can read all of the changes and additions HERE! If you want a more in-depth look at the patch notes, you can also find those HERE!

Please keep in mind that the small client is NO LONGER supported. If you haven't done so previously, you'll need to download the full client.

For those using the AOU Mod, only a small change is needed. As some fonts and colors have changed, after you have installed the patch, copy the textcolors.xml and views\skills.xml from your AO install location (\cd_image\gui\Default) and paste them in to the AOU Mod folder.

One last note on the update; many (a ton) of our guides will now contain invalid/outdated information. These will be changed as they are found, and as new/replaced content is explored. This will not be an instant or even fast process and we ask for your patience. We always welcome your input and information to keep our content up to date, so please feel free to comment on a guide if you can verify changes and what they are. Guides that are flat out no longer of use (such as starting area guides or Phasefront shop terminals) may remain for posterity's sake, but will be marked very clearly as containing outdated/invalid information.

Here's to hoping everyone has a smooth transition to 18.7!
Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Patch - 18.7 Patch

Postby Zagadka » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Am I the only person thinking that, while the NPE is very nice and all (despite being like the 4th attempt at it)... endgame content, anyone? Dunno what new players are going to appear and wonder what to do after Subway/ToTW...
Zagadka

Postby netlag » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:31 pm

Text and icon display correctly with correction. Here's to any one willing to streamline this mod for 2015!
netlag

Postby lopnk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:16 am

i think your more refering to midgame Zagadka. AO already has a ton of stuff to do at 220, most of which is skipped to try and get the best of the best. but for froobs you are right, there isnt much beyond ToTW. I have been complaining about this forever, not that it mattered because everyone was just power leveling to 220. I for one am so glad they changed CH, now to change mongo(if they didnt). I enjoy this game and leveling is so fast already, why does it need to go so fast?
lopnk

Postby Hellzicke » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:42 am

First of all, you scared the heck out of me with ao-universe being down for days...

Secondly, thank you for all the excellent work with the best site for everything AO.

/Snakebite edit...
Hellzicke

Postby Snakebite » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Yeah... Me too! lol.
ImageDon't make me come in there and Moderate you!
Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby Khuri » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:08 pm

Sorry about that. Server had some trouble with a spam attack and i was away.
Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Return to News-Corner