some more questions...

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

kcfalcon

some more questions...

Post by kcfalcon » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:32 am

1. I read in a few places that, since I am a soldier, I should forget about tradeskilling. Does this mean that I should never try making any weapons or implants or anything? Or is there some type of crafting that I can or should do?

2. The implants that drop...should I have them equipped? If so, can they be swapped out any time I am ready to upgrade?

3. With the wide variety of drops, how do I know which stuff to keep and which to sell?

4. I'm level 18 on a froob account. I've been running missions and have around 50,000 credits. Does that sound about right for someone my level, or should I have accumulated more by now?

5. In weapon descriptions, I see numbers like...Damage: 2-15 (27). I assume that the damge per shot is between 2-15, but what does the number in parentheses mean? Also, if "Attack" means the time interval between shots...what does "Recharge" refer to?

Thanks in advacne.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Re: some more questions...

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:26 am

kcfalcon wrote:1. I read in a few places that, since I am a soldier, I should forget about tradeskilling. Does this mean that I should never try making any weapons or implants or anything? Or is there some type of crafting that I can or should do?
Botton line is, Soldiers just ain't tradeskillers... Leave that for Engineers & Traders, it's a waste of good IP otherwise...
kcfalcon wrote:2. The implants that drop...should I have them equipped? If so, can they be swapped out any time I am ready to upgrade?
Well, you can if they're useful, but you can get Proffession specific implants from the implant section of the basic shops...
kcfalcon wrote:3. With the wide variety of drops, how do I know which stuff to keep and which to sell?
Aaah, now there's a question, only time will teach you that realy.
Things to look out for I'll leave for someone else to tell lol.
kcfalcon wrote:4. I'm level 18 on a froob account. I've been running missions and have around 50,000 credits. Does that sound about right for someone my level, or should I have accumulated more by now?
Doesn't sound too bad... Are you Omni or Clan? Either way, buy Med suits from omni shops & sell them to clanners for 100k a set...
kcfalcon wrote:5. In weapon descriptions, I see numbers like...Damage: 2-15 (27). I assume that the damge per shot is between 2-15, but what does the number in parentheses mean? Also, if "Attack" means the time interval between shots...what does "Recharge" refer to?
Recharge is how long between shots... Not sure about the (##) number...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:29 am

the (##) is the crit bonus damage addition.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:07 am

1) As stated soldiers aint a tradeskill profession, other then complit you probably shouldn't bother looking at the other skills in that page, that said when you get higher trickle down will give you enough points to do a lot of low level tradeskills so keep that in mind when you get there and decide to make a new alt.

2) Only equip those implants that give stats you can actually use otherwise your just wasting credits on the implant machine (costs 300 per use, lasts 5 minutes) and as said you can buy premade ones that are set up to be useful for your profession in the basic stores.

3) best bet is to look at trade forums or such and see whats selling for lots, some things at low levels to look for are things like Grid Armour instruction discs wich look like the rest of the shop trash but are really quite rare and valuable

4) nope that sounds about right for someone just playing and not grinding cash

5) Attack is the charge time to fire, recharge is the charge time to wind down (yes unlike most games this has 2 attack times not one) it goes attacktime shoot rechargetime attacktime shoot recharge time, worth noting that your init skills reduce recharge twice as much as they do attack time and that both attack and recharge cap at 1 second (resulting in 2 second total attack time minimum) as for the bracketed number, that is the damage added to your attack when it is critical

Carus

Post by Carus » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Implant machine costs money o.0 been playing over a year and never noticed that, lol.
Carus - Fixer Peoples Front of Judea
Carus007- Agent Peoples Front of Judea
CarusDoc- Doctor Peoples Front of Judea
CplCarus - Soldier Peoples Front of Judea

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Unless they removed it at some point and I never noticed (yes in my eyes, Ian warr is still endgame content ?é?¼_?é?¼)