864 - Static RK dungeons

Please use the Comment Feature on a guides page!
bitnykk

864 - Static RK dungeons

Post by bitnykk » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:56 pm

Discuss the Article 'Static RK dungeons' on this thread -- To view this article, please click here.

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:56 pm

Created on gathering by Hannobal here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7364
Feel free to suggest additions by posting in here, some editor will update the guide therefore.

Hannobal

Re: 864 - Static RK dungeons

Post by Hannobal » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:11 am

Nice to see this released! One small clarification: The paragraph under "notes" header was referring specifically to Pleasant Meadows, not all locations. Maybe it isn't necessary even, or could be shortened to something like "There are some old sources (CSPmap) pointing to more locations in Pleasant Meadows, but they don't seem to be accessible anymore." And maybe an introductory part along the lines of: "In addition to more well-known "proper" dungeons like Biomare or Smuggler's Den, there are several simple static dungeons in Rubi-Ka. They don't contain any remarkable creatures or loot, and they have similar layouts as randomly generated missions. They always contain the same creatures and have the same layout, and generally reset if left empty for 20 minutes. Without further ado, they are listed here for your information!"

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:13 pm

Did that. Also i'm in the process of giving each place a codename based on location as done in first section.

Hannobal

Post by Hannobal » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:45 pm

Looks pretty good to me :) I was quite surprised how many turned out in the end, was expecting something around 10-15 dungeons total to exist. Also, some of them are very obscure: After asking around in Discord, Reddit and in the game, only one person mentioned the ones in Clondyke, Lush Fields and Pleasant Meadows.

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:40 pm

There could be even more found out in the future, in which case we'll patch guide ofc :-)

PS : today i verified such a static i used to enter years ago (i kept screen of entrance with coords).
It wasn't active anymore, unable to enter with 220 nor 125 level toons ...

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:21 pm

I suspect there are many, MANY old statics out there...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Hannobal

Post by Hannobal » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:04 pm

Here's PM from CSPmap, blue squares = working statics, magenta squares = static marks at CSPmap, but no signs of zoning.
https://imgur.com/gallery/s8JxKrr
And yes i have the same feeling, that there has been more of these, and there might still be some working ones too that are not on the list. One hint is to check ingame minimap while Yalming around for X-marks (doors), as typically random mission entrances don't usually have that.
There many of such door marks in Clondyke, but same thing as with old PM marks, zoning does not happen.

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:35 am

You guys are right. There are more static mission entrances. Lots. This is a GREAT thread. This is info that was kind of known many years ago - but that knowledge has been lost to the tides of time. The same applies to where to roll RK missions that lead to easily accessed mission entrance locations. Also - the loot drop table for CRU missions - I can't prove it now- but some especially nice stuff used to be found on floor spawns like skeletons, android remains, gray and yellow boxes etc. QL200 NCU being one very common find. Other interesting drops from the boss.

Belial Forest:
Online RK map - https://rubi-ka.net/maps#rk
marked map uploaded here: https://archive.org/details/anarchy-onl ... -locations

There's a static mission cave at a place labeled "shelter" in the far northeast on Savvicks map. It's a downward stairs looking entrance. If I can find a map i'll mark the map and upload it. I forget the model type - possibly cave mission modules with bureaucrat-servant type androids. I farmed the mobs and never found anything interesting.

The conquistadors coffee company where the dyna boss spawns - there's a doorway that zones you into a room. That's it. There's a small building in the south of the zone with a doorway that zones you into a room. That's it. I think two cyborg troopers might wander near that building - eremites, too.

Static mission. Wine at the outpost. Two sets of tiered doorways set against the hillside. Zone in and you'll find L130ish-150ish OT faction mobs both in the entry rooms and in the rooms set back into the hillside. The theme would be a secret Omnitech planning and forward operations depot - the OT humans are gathered in a large briefing room next to rooms containing crates and boxes. Farmed the heck out of them. They never dropped anything interesting. Never.

More Wine...

There are a few odd indoor spots at the outpost.

Another doorway in the town proper - zone into it and you'll find a Mayhem "0" gas zone. Tiny room. That's it. Maybe useful for running damage dumper tests.

On the ground at the left side of those hillside entrances while facing the doorways - click the ground and a weird "file" of doors pop up out of the ground. That's it. But it's strange. Probably an old developer portal or something.

More odd Belial stuff.

Twin falls: click the huge blast doors. Those doors are named. Follow the zone wall and you'll find another huge blast door entrance. Click? I think those are named as well.

Perpetual Wastelands: quite a few static missions. a fair number of small unoccupied rooms - you zone into a room. That's it. I simply don't remember where these are. I recall one of the static missions made from old RK mission modules - the type now wholly gone from the game IE: poison ponds, narrow cave halls with poison ponds, small room with a foot bridge and a poison pond (can't agent-advy sneak through poison ponds.)
Last edited by Tonopa on Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hannobal

Post by Hannobal » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:17 am

Nice finds, thanks a lot!
Now that you mention the Wine pvp room, now that is a flashback. I think we used it to fight couple times with our org mates in there about 20 years ago. It was safe from gankers unlike arena, and Notum Silos didn't exist yet. It was also convenient location for clanners, just two Whompah rides from Tir. I've completely forgotten about that.
I'll check out the other locations you've listed and post the coords later.

Maybe we should compile another list of locations (with coords) that it's possible to enter, but that don't contain any creatures.
That would be useful for the RP community at least.
In PW: Several doors in Sabulum and Tranquillity lead to single-room buildings. One of them is furnished as a cultist hideout.
Stret East Bank: Fishing village at south edge.
2HO: Bunker.
Clondyke: Few buildings in the town near the Grid terminal.
The Reck: Entvined General has a nice if slightly spartan office behind her spawn point.
+ The ones in your post.
+ Probably some others.

Tonopa

Post by Tonopa » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:30 pm

Maybe we should compile another list of locations (with coords) that it's possible to enter, but that don't contain any creatures.
That would be useful for the RP community at least.

In PW: Several doors in Sabulum and Tranquillity lead to single-room buildings.
I just don't remember the static mission sites in PW, but I do recall there were probably at least four-five static missions scattered about. Okay maybe three mission sites?

And yeah, lots of those single-room buildings. Some number of them in the borg infested city-outposts.

Hannobal

Post by Hannobal » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:55 pm

I did visit the Wine & Belial Forest, here are the coords:

North-East shelter
/waypoint 3006 3036 605
lvl 100NPCs, onagi, droids.
The first door inside was locked and trapped, which is the unique feature of this dungeon.

5% pvp rooms at Wine without creatures
/waypoint 2208 2211 605
/waypoint 2233 2213 605
/waypoint 2096 2273 605
/waypoint 2233 2213 605
/waypoint 2271 2167 605

Wine Barracks
/waypoint 2250 2254 605
Unique twin story building with 7 doors.
Contains seasoned Clan Soldiers lvl 145 (i guess this is the same you got with OT NPCs instead, which is very interesting.. are they opposing faction?).
There are welcome parties of 1-4 soldiers at doors, back room has about 15 soldier and single Bureaucrat NPC.

Unfortunately i found only single-room buildings at PW, no missions. Any rough idea, where they might be located? I check most doors (though probably not all) at buildings near Vivyan and the borg towns.

Higain

Post by Higain » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:58 pm

I switched account names from Tonopa to Higain- I fly by Higain on the official forums.

I've not played in 10+ years or so. But I still love the game and enjoy talking about it.

Okay. Now that you mention it, the mobs in Wine Barracks must have been Clan.

I always wanted that barracks setup to be more than it was - meaning - like there was a back way into Smugglers Den much like that old and odd hack of poly-morphing into a parrot and entering a specific doorway in Borealis - doing so ported you into the back area of Smugglers Den. I guess that was considered an exploit, but everybody knew about it, and it worked. Did you locate the weird "file" door popup on the left side of the tiered doors? Click the ground! Also, another kinda unique thing about Wine is the functioning outdoor surgery clinic. Klondike? has one, too. And, rolling certain higher QL missions from Wine leads to missions in Avalon? I forget, but I was CERTAIN (lol) that missions to Avalon Citadel with the "research facility" themed missions might spawn high level MIY Tank armor mobs. My ITD Doctor wears MIY tank armors and the armor from the ACE mercenary camp. I don't think it worked out. I don't remember.

Belial Forest: I farmed the "shelter" static mission and never looted anything of interest; though I didn't farm it hardcore.

Perpetual Wastelands: The one static mission I remember pretty clearly may be along the northern zone wall. Cave theme. It was not in town. That one had the old small mission modules with the poison pond theme. (pet class people hated those small missions modules because their bots would get stuck on tables and couches.) Meh. I hate to lead you on a wild goose chase. One of them may be in the sunken scab land ravines. Again, wild goose chase.

The reason i farmed some of the odd statics - the "medium-hard" static mission building at Sentinels always spawns a Bureaucrat and a Soldier in the first room. The 'crat randomly drops the order form to make the bureaucrat briefcase (portable bank). I probably crafted 100+ of those things and made hundreds and hundreds of millions selling them on the shopping channels. They sold within minutes of posting. The old refresh timer on those static buildings used to be six minutes - so i could truly farm the order form in quantity. That led me on the quest to find a repeatable money-farm in another static. Hope springs eternal!

bitnykk

Post by bitnykk » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:19 pm

For now i'll prolly only add the /waypoint places Hannobal posted upper, if Hannobal can confirm me they were verified recently and still active (asking that as several locations i knew from pre-2010 are now impossible to enter anymore).

Hannobal

Post by Hannobal » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:51 pm

Yep the locations with /waypoints were verified the same day as posted.
Generally i'd say small rooms without creatures don't fit to the listing (there are many of those), but maybe the ones in Wine are worth an exception because of the 5% gas.