Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:41 am
First of all, thanks for an awesome site.
This is nothing major just something I came across when doing the quest on my 114 engie, the part where you have to tag Diviner Ocra Path-Yeol and Fortuitous Dom-Nar Roch with the Hadron Recording Device it says in the guide that you can do that from a safe distance. Dont know if it changed but I had to go really close to them for it to update, Dom-Nar Roch even attacked before I could get close enough to tag him.
As said, nothing major just a little tid-bit.
- AOU Community Legend
- Posts: 3223
- Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:05 pm
- Location: Germany
Thanks for the feedback Aouni, I will definitely add your comment in. It was quite a while back since I did this questline but will be doing it again in a few levels on my Enf so at least I can check the whole guide at the same time
Please let me know if you find anything else that needs poking with this guide, or indeed any other guide you might use!
- AOU Content Editor
- Posts: 441
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:49 am
- Location: 127.0.0.1
This is a fairly old problem, intended or not. Used to be able to tag any mobs with an item in your inv from quite far away, but in some patch a while back they changed that.
- AOU Reporter
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:13 am
On the subject of this quest, I too just finished it again on my crat.
At the part for Dr. Darnell, yes, you must get the DNA samples first before you get the mission to find the platter.
A couple of Tips:
1. Omni's --- When Dr. Curry - Linguistic Antropologist - sends you to get the Word of Orca from the Or-Mada Taka at The Court, be sure to pick up an Ancient Insignia of Orca from the Or-Mada Toka in the same area. Also, as you are leaving the area you might be attacked by a Crusty Eremite, grab the Nucleus of Crusty Eremite off the body for later in the quest.
2. When Dr. Hestiya sends you to Necropolis to find a Cracked Xan Burial Stone from the Passive Aggressive Spirt, also kill some of the Thieving Spirits and get the Igneous Rock Machine Component, Advanced Alloy Fuse, Crystallized Notum Circuitry at the same time.
Doing this will save some running around as this is a very long, arduous quest.