Enforcer guide and Damage Shield ...

Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Weeping Willow

Enforcer guide and Damage Shield ...

Post by Weeping Willow » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Hello,

taken from your Enforcer guide :
Damage shields

This line is pretty self explanatory. It provides a damage shield. Keep it up to date. This will make you a better tank, since you will be taking less damage.
I m quite sure that damage shield only damage your opponent and doesn't lessen the damage you take ... absorb and reflect do ... not shield ... (I think ..)

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: Enforcer guide and Damage Shield ...

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:50 pm

Weeping Willow wrote:Hello,

taken from your Enforcer guide :
Damage shields

This line is pretty self explanatory. It provides a damage shield. Keep it up to date. This will make you a better tank, since you will be taking less damage.
I m quite sure that damage shield only damage your opponent and doesn't lessen the damage you take ... absorb and reflect do ... not shield ... (I think ..)
We appreciate your feedback, however we would like info which is 100% reliable before we use it...if you "think" you right but don't KNOW you're right...doesn't help us much =(
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Norbal
AOU Content Editor

Post by Norbal » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:35 pm

Ok, just cause I'm slightly OCD about AO buffs:

Enforcer Damage Shield line:
  • Provides damage shield (does damage to your enemy every time you take damage)
  • Increases max HP
<-- does not reduce damage taken as a tank, but increase maximum hp so you can take more damage

Aborbs:
First XX points of damage taken is 'absorbed' by the absorb shield, and as such doesn't go into your hp. <-- reduces damage taken as a tank

Reflects:
Reduces the damage taken by a %, and return up to a certain # of that damage back to the enemy. Reflects have 2 parts:
1) ReflectProjectile % - This is the % that damage is reduced by for this AC.
2) ReflectProjectileMaxDamage # - This is the maximum amount of damage returned to the enemy (from the amount chopped down from the reflect %).

Sorry for the little rant, but the guide *is* a little bit wrong (you don't take less damage, you have more hp to take more damage). :P
Norbal - 215/14 Clan NM MP (RK 2)

Yes, I rolled a nanomage MP for my main.

Researcher of AOU

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:02 pm

Norbal wrote:Ok, just cause I'm slightly OCD about AO buffs:

Enforcer Damage Shield line:
  • Provides damage shield (does damage to your enemy every time you take damage)
  • Increases max HP
<-- does not reduce damage taken as a tank, but increase maximum hp so you can take more damage

Aborbs:
First XX points of damage taken is 'absorbed' by the absorb shield, and as such doesn't go into your hp. <-- reduces damage taken as a tank

Reflects:
Reduces the damage taken by a %, and return up to a certain # of that damage back to the enemy. Reflects have 2 parts:
1) ReflectProjectile % - This is the % that damage is reduced by for this AC.
2) ReflectProjectileMaxDamage # - This is the maximum amount of damage returned to the enemy (from the amount chopped down from the reflect %).

Sorry for the little rant, but the guide *is* a little bit wrong (you don't take less damage, you have more hp to take more damage). :P
Our researchers will be looking at the info, thank you.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Weeping Willow

Post by Weeping Willow » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:48 pm

I could have said I m sure of it but :

1) it's just what I ve read on a lot of different web site and I ve never tested it myself ...

2) I hate to sound cocky :)

Please take it as a hint of possible mistake and not an accusation of one ... I m a long time used of your guides and thank you once again for them