Account - Payment Issues

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Account - Payment Issues

Post by Cariadast » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:10 pm

FC/AO is currently experiencing issues with payments from financial institutions. They are unsure what exactly it is but are stating they can not find an issue on their end. Several players have been stating in the last few days that they are having difficulty paying for their play time as well as services such as Funcom Points and GRACEs using their normal way of payment for their Subscriptions.

It seems the payments have gone through fine for the previous payment(s) that was due, but payments are currently being returned as "Failed" after a short time of reading as processing.

While this is NOT a widespread issue at this time, there are enough occurrences for FC to be receiving Petitions and messages via Discord-Anarchy Online.

The following has been relayed and advised from FC's end after stating they do not believe it's on their end.

• First contact the Financial Institution of the banking account or the card attached to the game payment and try to determine if it is being declined on their end.
  • They also advise NOT trying to use a different form of payment (another bank, card, PayPal, etc) because payment methods changed over and over, will trigger their billing system to block activity from anyone, (you included) for several days.

Hopefully, this self rectifies. However, if you find this occurring, be sure to contact FC AFTER you check with your Financial Institute (payment method), and include their answer with your communication to FC.

This is all we know at this time. If we learn more, it will be added here.
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

Articles, Guides, Forums, News

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Re: Account - Payment Issues

Post by Snakebite » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:04 pm

I haven't played in years now because I can't attach a new card to my accounts.
Tried to contact them, no answer...
I'd love them to fix that!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

lopnk

Post by lopnk » Wed May 01, 2024 6:06 am

It was identified today 4/30/2024 that the common theme with the issue seems to be the payment processing company that FC is using being blacklisted by some institutions.

FC is using Hipay to process payments.
This person contacted their bank direction and confirmed they auto block all payments with Hipay.
Burgh: Yes. And my bank has banned hipay due to loads of complaints
Burgh: So no transactions go through

While I have no evidence of it, word in the discord was that Paypal also was not working with Hipay and may have been a prime reason for all of the paypal failures.

This does not implicate everyone and a variety of other factors could be at play. This was just a common theme amungst many of us in discord today. I use Wells Fargo and did not have any issues.

Cariadast
AOU Content Editor

Post by Cariadast » Wed May 01, 2024 10:03 am

lopnk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:06 am
It was identified today 4/30/2024 that the common theme with the issue seems to be the payment processing company that FC is using being blacklisted by some institutions.

FC is using Hipay to process payments.
This person contacted their bank direction and confirmed they auto block all payments with Hipay.
Burgh: Yes. And my bank has banned hipay due to loads of complaints
Burgh: So no transactions go through

While I have no evidence of it, word in the discord was that Paypal also was not working with Hipay and may have been a prime reason for all of the paypal failures.

This does not implicate everyone and a variety of other factors could be at play. This was just a common theme amungst many of us in discord today. I use Wells Fargo and did not have any issues.
Thank you. We were aware of this and are awaiting clarification on it before wanting to post. You beat us to it, so we'll leave it and see what we hear back and add to it :)
jacqueline of all trades, master of almost none :D Im the "Give me a day or so....I'll learn, I'll fix and I'll do it" girl :D

Articles, Guides, Forums, News

AOU Staff Member
AOU Forum Moderator
AOU Content Editor
AOU Content Researcher