Community - Broken Knowledge Links

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Site Managers, Forum Moderators

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Community - Broken Knowledge Links

Post by Windguaerd » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:55 am

We're experiencing some database errors, we're unsure what the problem is exactly but our coders will be looking into it asap. We apologize for any inconvenience the community may be going through at this time. We got your feedback reports which has given us an idea as to when the issue started with the links to guides (July 26), for which we thank you.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Just as a FYI - It is the same error with memory that has been happening quite frequently this year and has been short-term resolved multiple times.

Ran-san

Post by Ran-san » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:04 am

I've seen similar errors with a forum I used to run.

Either the DB software you're using has a large memory hole in it (i.e. it's not giving back memory when it done loading a page..or something.) Or there's a compatibility issue between the version of SQL you're coding in and the current version on server.

These are the 2 most common issues' I've seen for this kind of error from my days as a Website db admin.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:12 am

We are definitely working on it.

A lot of changes are happening lately to the site/server/host so while we are trying to keep the damage to a minimum, a few things are going to slip through the cracks.

Thank you all for being patient :)

StuMiller

Workaround

Post by StuMiller » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm sure we will all be very glad when the links work again. For now there is a workaround. I just Google the name of the guide, then use Google's cached version of the page. It's not as convenient, but at least you can still get to them.
RK2 / Neutral / Unrepentant

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 am

Everything has been returned to normal running.

We apologise for any inconvenience, delays or waiting around at Reclaim this may have caused.

Have fun everyone... :mrgreen:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!