Article: Dreams of Anarchy - Social Features (Part 1)

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Article: Dreams of Anarchy - Social Features (Part 1)

Post by Windguaerd » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:53 am

This thread is to discuss the Article: "Dreams of Anarchy - Social Features (Part 1)"
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Xirayne

Post by Xirayne » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:02 am

I dont think some of the emotes should be taken away. There should be an option of whether or not you would like to be able to see some of the emotes. Like seeing a trox spamming /adjust is quite repulsive... :shock: but taking that away would be taking away some of the gaming freedom. People should choose what they want to do. If there was a setting where you could just block out stuff like that (like for children or anyone who doesnt want to see mature emotes) dont forget all the alcohol reference in the game... Anyways I have seen all the emotes used quite often. the /cross is used all the time by those religious beggers who want *donations* and I love to see it. /fblock is used quite often in catfights. and giggle works as a moderate laugh. I would love too have a long and short surrender. the surprised emote looks more like a /interested kinda thing. I would also like to see emotes for when you are upset. there is no /cry emote and i keep on having to use the scared one. there should be a /hug and maybe a /pet so you can pet animals or polymorphed people. I think adding and tweeking some emote would be a very good idea.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:06 am

There is a /hug...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Brunte

Post by Brunte » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:26 am

Emotes are not evil. They are fun and can be used normal way or in a nice script. =)

More emotes plz!

Moonbat

Post by Moonbat » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:28 pm

I agree with the fact that we need more dnace emotes, but there is no reason to block certain emotes, just do something the people who abuse them.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:01 pm

Moonbat wrote:I agree with the fact that we need more dnace emotes, but there is no reason to block certain emotes, just do something the people who abuse them.
Yeah... Ignore them lol
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

RU-SHUTNICK

Post by RU-SHUTNICK » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:06 am

This theme still alive?
Funcom is not heard our wishes. Emotions, more emotions. In addition, the lack of interaction with the surrounding objects.
I want to sit on chairs with lowered on the floor of the feet. :)