Funny Web Comics

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Demongun

Post by Demongun » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Windguaerd wrote:Errant Story
A well drawn black & white comic, medieval fantasy for sure with a deep storyline...and yes, there is some comedy in it mixed with the drama.
Don't forget Michael Poe's first, and somewhat adult Exploitation Now.

And lets not forget those loveable Little Gamers.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:46 am

I have found a few new good web comics since last year.

Butternutsquash
A funny strip about friends and their problems, set in the present and based on the real life friendship of 2 guys. Has some adult content. I highly recommend this one.

Anders Loves Maria
A funny and also dramatic strip about a couple going through several bad episodes in their lives. Most of the problems are caused by Anders and his inability to refuse intimate encounters. Has a lot of adult content. If you want to learn what not to do as a guy, this is the place to go.

Candi
This is a strip with a female as the main role, going through college and a good chunk of unwanted drama with her roomates. Very entertaining and funny, I recommend this one.

DooomCat Web Comics
First time I saw this comic I thought "wth? bears? you got to be kidding me!". No, they are not carebears (well maybe one has that personality). Let's me start by saying this comic is NOT FOR CHILDREN. They steal, cheat, lie and do whatever they have to do so their comfortable life may continue (this includes a plasma tv in their cave). I highly recommend this one for laughs, lots and lots of laughts.

Dreamless
I have recently discovered this comic, and it's just at it's beginning. So far it's well drawn and written, I can't wait what will happen to the protagonists. The time where this is taking place seems to be modern. I recommend checking it out.

Drowtales - Moonless Age
The main site offers paid content, but the main story (Moonless Age) is free. The comic is deep in rich stories, characters and the art is at a professional level. This is also not for kids, has adult themes and content. I highly recommend it.

Earthsong's
This is a nice fantasy comic where planets have their own sense of self and have found a problem which can only be solved by sending certain people to a planet with no "children" (population) of her own. There is a very deep storyline background with this one. I like it, and recommend it.

Family Man
This comic takes place in the 1700's. Usually I avoid this kind of realistic period comics, no magic, no crazy stuff or use of modern slang in any way. However, this one is smart, witty and very entertaining. Pages are done in black and white. I recommend it.

Gunnerkrigg court
How can I explain this comic. Fantasy, Science Fiction, mixed with Comedy, Drama and... all taking place in a strange school for kids. The main character is a little girl who is quite smart for her age. I recommend it.

Juathuur Gatecrash
This is a sequel to another fantasy comic (which I have never bothered to read). It can stand on his own, but the start will require some patience to adapt to the mythology, magic and all the storyline related stuff (unless you read the first comic I guess). I like the art a lot to be honest. The main character is a female who serves the gods (I do love female leads it seems) who has the ability to travel through worlds using her powers. I recommend this one.

KUKUBURI
The art on this one is not really something I usually appreciate, but it matches the story (female lead again) quite well. Modern setting, and then you get thrown deep into fantasy. It has a unique sense of humor, I like this one, I recommend it.

Lackadaisy Cats
"It's about a gang of tenacious (if not shady) characters running a St. Louis speakeasy in the era of Prohibition. I suppose it falls somewhere in the realm of historical fiction, parody, dark comedy, and abject nonsense." Drawn beautifully in pencil, this comic is really a piece of art itself. Characters are cats, but you won't think about childish cartoons once you see it. Prepare for good old fun violence and rat-tat-ta-ta-ta! machine guns! I highly recommend this comic, very fun to read.

Las Lindas
One word, furry. Yes, characters are animals, think alternate universe and such, mixed with science fiction and... a farm. Yes, a farm. As in "Las Lindas" farm, the title of the comic. A fun and entertaining comic with very good art. I recommend it. Some adult content, modern setting.

Least I Could Do
This strip is from the same guys who make "Looking for Group", apparently LICD was before LFG. This strip is hilarious, and very much for adults, not for kids. I recommend it.

MENAGE A 3
Warning: 90% adult content and situations. Very funny black and white strip about 3 roomates, one being a french female living in Montreal. There is also a cat, he does not speak, heh. I highly recommend this one, lots of laughs.

Questionable Content
How can I explain this one. A bunch of 20 something guys/girls who like indie music... ok think "Friends" in a comic format, add more sexual situations and tons more of witty and sassy commentary. An excellent comic in my opinion, highly recommended.

Roza
Fantasy adventure about a young female mage, her rat, some magical being and a bounty hunter. It's a charming comic, the art is very good and it has a decent storyline that flows. I recommend it.

SPQR Blues
Set in the time of the roman empire, this is a very adult comic (ehem, NSFW). SPQR Blues is a webcomic?óÔé¼ÔÇ£a sword-and-sandals soap opera in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius. I got to say, it has a complex storyline, which will require some attention. It is smart and fairly accurate to the era, drawn in black and white. I highly recommend it.

The Dreamland Chronicles
This is practically 3D art at it's finest. A mix of dream fantasy mixed with modern era situations among friends (inside and outside the dream realm). Over 800 pages of pure /win all around. Good characters, deep rich stories and again, awesome art. I highly recommend it.

The Phoenix Requiem
"The Phoenix Requiem is a Victorian-inspired supernatural fantasy story about faith, love, death, and the things we believe in." That pretty much describes it accurately, professional art and good stories made this a very good comic. I highly recommend it.

The Zombie Hunters
"Follow this team of zombie hunters as they go though life as survivors of the undead outbreak, earning their keep by collecting salvage, gladly trading the freedom of the wastes for the safety of the Argus Research Campus...". Good art, decent storylines and characters. I recommend it.

Wayfarer's Moon
I'm not too fond of the art, because it's not really unique, actually I would say it's ok at best. "Wayfarer?óÔé¼Ôäós Moon is a high-fantasy online comic book set in the world of Lachryn. It follows the adventures of Iri and Lily, as they deal with a variety of threats, both large and small.". Yeah, that pretty much explains it. I recommend it.

Xylia Tales
Another work of art! "Xylia(Currently Book I) is the graphic novel tale of a young British historian who discovers his connection with Azloe, the lost faerie realm, and Xylia, a beautiful faerie woman. This high fantasy story features good and bad faeries, a sentient dog that can grow to the size of a bear, and sorcerors. Xylia is presented in lush full color illustrations, and updates on Mondays.". I highly recommend this one, a great read.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Found a new gem:

Surviving Retail
Nice comic strip that started October 2008, about a group of retail store employees, their customers and of course the funny situations they get themselves into. I recommend it.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Windguaerd wrote:Found a new gem:

Surviving Retail
Nice comic strip that started October 2008, about a group of retail store employees, their customers and of course the funny situations they get themselves into. I recommend it.
Having worked in Retail & C/S for over 20 years... Looks normal...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!