Coming back to the game

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

starsika

Coming back to the game

Post by starsika » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi guys,

A few years ago and after having played AO for quiet some time, I decided I wanted to quit. So, I sold all of my inventory and gave away all of my credits... If I recall correctly, I was about level 100, and now that I would like to come back to the game, I am not sure how I can enjoy it without any armour, weapons, credit, etc...

Anyway can help with tools/equip/or credits?

I am in the process of downloading the game client, a couple of more hours to go.... hopefully I won;t have to start from scratch.

Cheers
Starsika

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:25 am

while i know what exactly you are thinking, i daresay any starter money is useless! as in, you don't need any!

WTF RETARD!, You say. Well:

- no amount of start money will put you in a twink state, and nothing keep you there as you level, which is part of normal non hardcore playing :)

also, you can make avail of the graphics: dual boxing is perfectly normal playing, no stress at all. in fact, i enjoy it more :D twice as much power and fun and speed. If you have the brain power, you can triple, It is just beyond the confortable line for me :o

Then, joining A twink in subs and totw can get you to level 60 in maybe five sessions, 2 hours each: 10 hours total! not a dime in subs (all starter equipment), and good equipment just once: equipping for totw at level 25. twinks let you lot all, just bring backpacks and you get the $ yourself on the fly :D. Totw is just credits, not even backpacks there!

...next post

xyz123abc

ORGS

Post by xyz123abc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:39 am

organizations is the best advice ever! get into an org and they will do the partymix for you. to look for a recruiting org, go to the anarch6 online forums. just select rimor or atlantean and then the org lists. some nice people like mking implnts for you for free :) oh, and you can borrow some equipment too :D

finally, if you didn't believe me, i would give you 100k for you towaste. only i havent played for 10 days, and i cant play for 50 more days, family affair (fuck that :/)

last tip: those money making guides are obsolete. rolling cushions and windchasers and int pistols and stuff is not good for money. you can sell them for 250k, but finding them takes time and money, which you could spend enjoying yourself. On top of that, selling them requires more time (it is worse than it sounds) I spent 1 week and 1m trying to roll things for money, and i prolly got 2m but it wasnt worth it. when i told an orgmate he told me: fock you bltch! and gave nova dillon gloves 35, which i sold for 5m. yalm. ANYONE? :D bottom line: sell what you find, dont engage in active item hunting

as a side note, begging for money can get you the money... and a place in some ignore lists, which can hurt mid term, so dont do it.