The Itemshop

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Jerusha

The Itemshop

Post by Jerusha » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:05 pm

What do you guys at aou think about it?
I feel kinda worried... mostly about new players. And with whom are they going to play totw or lower levels when everyone jut pays to be lvl 199?
XP-Stims are already dangerous, makes teams break up faster while leveling, but okay. But levels? Or even VP?
regards

Scoopx
AOU Reporter

Re: The Itemshop

Post by Scoopx » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Jerusha wrote:What do you guys at aou think about it?
I feel kinda worried... mostly about new players. And with whom are they going to play ToTW (Temple of The Winds) or lower levels when everyone just pays to be level 199?
Well, first of all..... to be able to jump to 199 you first have to have a 220 character on that account. So, for the first character, you will have to play all the way through the different playfields, and thus semi-learn the ins-n-outs of the game. Personally, it took me 3 characters to over 150 before I learned all the hidden tricks to have a good character.

As for XP-stims, what's the difference from having a +7% IQ ring, +3% Baton, +3% Perennium weapon and other exp items and using a stim that gives you MAX +20%. I really don't see a problem here. Means said the stim would not give more than 20% total based on items used and stim.
And now You know!

Roger "Scoopx" Johnson
Cub-Reporter for Rubi-Ka Times
Neutral Division
[img]http://www.scene-and-heard.com/ao/sigs/sig_scoopx.jpg[/img]

Jerusha

Post by Jerusha » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:33 pm

The stims are fine. But we have rarely new players. Now they come and maybe see an abandoned low level content and by all means, if you are not twinked from top to feet, soloing sl content is pretty tough. They will most likely leave if the vets all use that offer.

And the next thing are the buff cans and vp via shop etc. Alone tokens via shop is countering what Means said. Or is the Tokenboard not powerful? They sell it indirectly.

I don't feel too good with it.
regards