Internet Community-Wide Census!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Lintire

Internet Community-Wide Census!

Post by Lintire » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Well, no, not really, but I've only just joined up and I wanted to ask something while introducing myself (wasn't quite sure where to put a topic like this, please forgive my froobishness) - and that question is,

What's your favourite Webcomic?

That's the big question. Unavoidable, really. Had to be done. Personally, I'm a real fan of Penny Arcade myself - love the witty humour and in-depth references to the gaming culture, but that's just me.

And now for the introduction:
Hi.

Names Lintire (:D) and I'm and Australian resident who fancies himself an artist, a writer, and a fps Badass. I've played Anarchy Online a few times before, in stretches, and it seems to call me back consistently. Maybe it's the immersive backstory, maybe it's the great gameplay and funny as hell community, who knows. All I know is that I'm playing again, and would like to do some proper metagaming while I'm at it (got this site from an Anarchy advertisement. Who would have thought those things really work?).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a supportive and contibutive member of the community. Starting with the webcomic question. That is important.

Anyway, it's 1am here so I'll just go sleep in a dank corner of the NetherRealms somewhere and sleep on the corpses of the innocent (on a separate, totally unrelated note, Omni-Tek ftw).[/b]
I'm sure there's something important that should be put here.
[img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t240 ... redSig.png[/img]

Hvyshadows

Post by Hvyshadows » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Welcome! As for webcomics, Cyanide & Happiness is my personal favorite. Here's a sample: http://www.explosm.net/comics/2130/ :)
"It is good to have substance to one's existence, but if fate denies one substance, one can yet do a lot with style."

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:16 am

I believe we actualy have a thread on webcomics somewhere... Keep digging...!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Lintire

Post by Lintire » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 am

Snakebite wrote:I believe we actualy have a thread on webcomics somewhere... Keep digging...!
It was an introduction thread in disguise -shock horror- but don't worry, I don't make a habit of necrobumping old topics... with new topics (?).
I'm sure there's something important that should be put here.
[img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t240 ... redSig.png[/img]

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:57 am

I personaly have no problem with thread necromancy, so long as it's on topic...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!