Quests for the first specialization

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

skyguy001

Quests for the first specialization

Post by skyguy001 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I have been trying to do the first specialization and there is a quest where that you can get the whole first book for specializations. There is a redeemed quest and an unredeemed quest. I am clan so im doing the redeemed one, but im having problems, i talk to Seeker Aban Kald-Nuir who is the guy who gives you the quest but he never gives me that quest he gives me other ones and i was hoping someone could clear things up for me.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Wed May 19, 2010 9:38 am

Did he gave you quests for The Mariner's Father chapters? Like "Kill 5 Craig Ors and Follower Gulu-Mav Thrak "?
http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=2&id=201
You need to collect all 4 chapters, then combine them. Once you did that, bring that book to Proffesor dedlock in Harbor ISP and he'll "tune" your cyberdeck or something like that
http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=2&id=353
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed May 19, 2010 6:46 pm

You don't actualy have to combine them, he'll take them loose too...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

skyguy001

Post by skyguy001 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:46 am

i talk to him but he never gives me the quest, the only reason i know he gives out the quest is because of this web site which is realy helpfull by the way

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu May 20, 2010 7:19 am

Do you get an error message / message of any kind when you try to speak with him? Does he tell you he cannot talk with you at this time?

Is there a chance you did the quest already and forgot about it?

If he really isn't giving you the start of the quest and you are absolutely sure that you are speaking with the correct starting NPC and that you havent already done the questline, it would possibly be worth petitioning so that an ARK can see if they can help you. If the ARK cannot help you then it is likely that they will ask a GM to see if you are perhaps wrongly flagged with the mission and they will more than likely give you advice on what to do next.

I hope you get this resolved quickly! Please post more if you have any other questions.

- Kate

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu May 20, 2010 12:09 pm

Ukblizzard wrote: Is there a chance you did the quest already and forgot about it?

- Kate
Target yourself, press "T", this will give you info about your char. Among others, there should be "First specialization complete", if you already did it.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu May 20, 2010 3:10 pm

But the quest isnt only for Spec1. Even if you have spec1 from picking it up randomly along the way, it shouldnt stop you from being able to embark on that questline.

skyguy001

Post by skyguy001 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:47 pm

When i talk to him he just gives me quests to kill spinetooth bosses for differant parts like a spinetooth egg and a spinetooth venom sac. He never says anything about the mariners father, specializations or the unredeemed, so i dont know what to do.

skyguy001

Post by skyguy001 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:11 am

Ok, i think i did all the quests this guy has that has to do with spinetooth things, but now when i try to give him the datadisc with his name on it he says " I don't have time to play games." so i might not even be able to do the quest, at least thats what im starting to think.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri May 21, 2010 6:44 am

You have to work through the whole of the start of the questline to then get to the bit with the specializations.

skyguy001

Post by skyguy001 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:43 pm

you mean i need to do the quests for the scientists and all the other people in nascence?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat May 22, 2010 8:41 am

Removed to reduce confusion levels.. for me and anyone that might bother reading my posts :D
Last edited by Ukblizzard on Sat May 22, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sat May 22, 2010 10:41 am

Ignore Ukblizzard
Those NPCs have 2 "sets" of quests. One as it is (spec one between) and extra ones with datadiscs. Meaning you can get extra missions with Dds, if you're lucky to find them, but you don't have to farm them.

As for why he doesn't want recieve datadisc:
- might be wrong NPC (happened to me, they all look the same)
- you might be too high level already (not sure for sided, but Joshua has lvl restriction at least)
- you're trying to give him wrong datadisc
If nothing of this applies to your case, only other thing I can think of is that you try and trade it from inventory, not backpack.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat May 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks for correcting me :) Maybe we can split the guide somehow or make it clearer for when I forget next time!!

skyguy001

Post by skyguy001 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:27 am

ok i figured it out. thanks everyone