Annoyed

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

anton*123

Annoyed

Post by anton*123 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:02 am

Hi there im kinda annoyed with AO atm has to reinstall about 4 times in the past 2days which means downloading several times a day :( my gui settings keeps messing up, at 1st i reset it 2 defalt but that made it worse. Reinstalled twice worked fine till i logged off, :( , so now im on my 5th download hope it works, or my pc go's out off my window LOL
Anthony

Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Post by Fourthaid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:14 am

Had a friend that had similar issues with AO because she had it installed in the Program Files folder under Windows Vista, unsure if the same applies to Windows 7. So if that is where you have AO installed, you might want to move it out of there and to something like C:\Games or anything else than Program Files :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Well, hope you get this sorted out soon, but in the meantime...

SAVE the download!!!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

anton*123

Post by anton*123 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:07 pm

Finaly got it sorted this morning at 4am :( its working fine for now ... hope it dosn't break again lol, ahh well back to getting to lvl150 :D
Anthony

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:23 am

Remember to back up your preffs file fairly regularly, then you don't have to do it all again for various reasons... (terrible when you have several high level characters lol)
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!