Returning player with forum question

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

mpatrick

Returning player with forum question

Post by mpatrick » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:49 pm

Anyone recently returned to AO and having all sorts of trouble registering with the official AO forums? For whatever reason, neither my LoX enabled account or my Sloob account can register. Forum says the admins have disabled registration, but new players are posting their every day.

Anyone else experience this kind of thing and have a solution? FunCom doesn't seem interested in responding to my emails.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Hiya, sorry you are having issues over there. Assume you already set up your forum username in your account page?

mpatrick

Post by mpatrick » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:48 pm

Yep.

For whatever reason, I cannot register/login to those forums. Only reason I care is to ask a few questions, but I guess I 'll be doing that here.

It's weird though, because I got a message about the Administrator disabling registration, even though I see new people with join dates of today, yesterday, etc. Not sure what's up with that, and I never got banned or anything. Heck, I actually contributed to those forums back in the day.

Oh well. Guess AO Universe will get pestered with my returning n00bness and many questions.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 pm

We are happy to try to help with any questions you may have. However, not being able to get access over there isnt so great :)

So, if you already set it here : https://register.funcom.com/account/
Did you then get the error on that page when you set the forum username and password or actually on the forum page?

If you did that over 24 hours ago, then it might be worth trying via https://register.ageofconan.com/account too.. if you enter your ao details it takes you to an AO account options page.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Yup, answers we have in abundance! :D

I have noticed however that the official forums no longer keep me logged in, I have to log in every time I go there...!
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:33 am

That's an issue with your browser, Snake. Here, have a cookie! *yumyum*

mpatrick

Post by mpatrick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:42 pm

Yep. Still no joy on the official forums. No feedback from FC after numerous emails. In short, my AO experience is continuing the way it always has.

Like I said, I'll simply ask all my questions here.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:41 am

Start asking dude lol.

& I don't think it's cookie problems, I've tried deleting them, no joy...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!