AOU Mod question

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Telan

AOU Mod question

Post by Telan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:35 pm

I just downloaded and installed the AOU Mod and so far I like it my only question is can I change the mouse cursor back to the default AO cursor?

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:23 am

you'd have to extract the original icon from the original texture DB, then extract the AOU mod texture DB (there are 4 variants used, so you need to do 1 or all), replace the AOU mod mouse cursor image with the original, then recompile the AOU Mod texture DB

plugsz

Post by plugsz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:29 am

Question #2

Any other colors besides green?

I've been use Dovvetech's Darkmini for years and prefer that color scheme

PS,I like the gui and its layout and whatnot, but I don't see the ability to move the agg defense bar from dead center, is this possible?
I saw on patch notes that it was at one time

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:10 pm

there are no other colour schemes, and unlikely to be... the current colour scheme is to tie in with this website. Changing or creating new colour schemes is a very lengthy process, and requires altering some 200+ images stored in the gfx db.

As to moving the agg/def bar around, this is something that is governed by the ControlCenter.xml file. Prior to the multi-gui feature, it was easy to supply alternate ControlCenter.xml files that could be renamed and used to change the location of the ncu/cred + agg/def bars (just like Notum Dovvetech did), but now that the AOU MOD uses the multi-gui feature, I'd either have to supply 3 x <alternate ControlCenter.xml files> for each GUI option, which would be very messy and confusing for the average user to alter, or I would have to create alternate GUI layouts that player could choose from in the GUI settings menu, which could/would end up as a neverending list, thus confusing the end user even more...

Coupling the alternate agg/def bar locations with alternate colour schemes, as well as the already implemented straight/curved stat bars & alternate mouse cursors, would cause the AOU MOD to have something like 24+ gui variations, which would be: (a) a nightmare to design/maintain/update/support; (b) a huge download for a gui - I would guess something in the region of 50mb minimum; and (c) very messy - the gui settings option list in game would cover the entire screen

The AOU MOD was basically designed to be as simplistic and helpful as possible, reflecting what we do here at AOU, so adding more options to the mod, I personally think, would overwhelm the newer player.