Flamer soldier?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

LLamatron

Flamer soldier?

Post by LLamatron » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:43 pm

I am planning on making my soldier character use Flamers (for fun), but i was astonished how few there are in shop terminals! :(
So i searched Auno.org for 'flamer' and found manny manny(!) fine Flamers, but where under the Rock can i get my hands on 1, especially on a low level?

Halp?

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm

Which flamer specifically?

the mkIV pistol?
Inner circle/strategic/standard?
Or just any flamethrower?

LLamatron

Post by LLamatron » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Inner circle or just flamer :) 2handed anyways xD

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Hmm well I know flamers get sold in shops on a reasonably regular basis, the inner circle ones are random drops in missions so you just gotta hope.

If worst comes to worst you can build flamethrowers (ok not flamers but similiar idea behind them) using construction kits

Kermaperuna

Post by Kermaperuna » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:03 am

The ones built from parts in shops might be hum, less than ideal in terms of damage.
President of Paragon
Kermaperuna 220/25/70 Solitus Engineer | Main |

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:58 am

there not particularly bad, specially not compared to the flamers.

I dont think to objective of this character is top damage dealing but more fun character idea.

LLamatron

Post by LLamatron » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:34 am

Woo that's a load-o-text! sorry :S

Indeed the character is mostly to be "fun" :3 thanks for the ideas-of-what-to-do!

Though i think i'd like to build the character to be able to counter Monsters (in the level range through green->orange (or even) red(ish), so i can akshully level 'im up! XD
but yeah, the damage dealing does'nt hafta be like: "OMG I PWN UR ASS IN ONE ATTCK!!!!1", as long as you can play PvE. :D

For playing solo, i'd suppose a weapon qualifies as sufficient when you can defeat max 2 enemies in one combat-situation without ending up half-/dead.
(but that's just mee...)

The flamers sold in shops are kinda.. (too) bad. <xD

I'm interested in this idea of Building a flamer, as long as it's equipping requirements are in moderate range, comparing to the Shop-Terminal ones atleast XD (i happen to have a tradeskiller character)

Further discussion would be great :3 it'd be nice to hear more (if there are any) suggestions or comments!

And for my closing words: I'ts so odd though, the soldier in the Profession-Choosing is by no-doubt wielding a flamer/flamethrower. :p