AO Universe Contest for Agents (Atlantean Server)

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

AO Universe Contest for Agents (Atlantean Server)

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:32 am

Well since I hit 220 I wanted to do something special for fellow agents in my server to sorta celebrate my last non-alien ding. This contest is my way of celebrating it.

The contest starts today Friday Jan 20 and ends Jan 31th.

People need to be registered in these forums to be eligible to win.

Here are the rules:

1. You MUST post in this specific thread.
2. You MUST write a GOOD POST, stating why you like being an agent, include your positive experiences in the game as the jack-of-all-trades.
3. No Flames, No Explicit Language, No Trolling, etc. In other words, don't break forums guidelines.
4. Only ONE POST per person, multiple entries are not allowed.

We will announce the winners in February.

Here are the list of prizes:

links will show simulated stats thanks to Auno's interpolation

First Prize:

QL 300 Solid Clump of Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material (Part to make Alien Armor)
QL 300 Solid Clump of Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material
QL 200 Accelerated NCU Memory
QL 200 Advanced Alsaqri Chemical Rifle
QL 200 Albrecht Heavy Tank Armor
QL 232 Bracer of Killing Intent
QL 100 Glyph of the Eight x 6 (for Full Tier 1 Armor Upgrade)
QL 200 Handy Steelribbed Gloves
QL 1 Hyper-Radiation Protection Skin and Glasses (Allows you to survive in Penumbra)
QL 239 Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material - Type 3 (Used to Upgrade Alien Rifle)
QL 252 Kyr'Ozch Rifle
QL 274 Kyr'Ozch Rifle
QL 200 Nova Dillon Armor Boots
QL 200 Nova Dillon Armor Gloves
QL 200 Nova Dillon Armor Helmet
QL 200 Nova Dillon Armor Pants
QL 200 Nova Dillon Armor Sleeves
QL 200 Nova Dillon Body Armor
QL 151 Ring of Divine Teardrops
QL 258 Viral Compiler
QL 200 Superior Yatamutchy X-3 Counter-Sniper Rifle
QL 250 Targeting Scope - Vision Enhancer
QL 219 Viral Memory Storage Unit
QL 272 Viral Memory Storage Unit
QL 220 Persisting Right Hand Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban ( PersistingRHA )

Second Prize:

QL 200 Longshot
QL 200 Superior Perennium Sniper
QL 195 MTI SL70-013453a
QL 186 O.E.T. Co. Type 77a Lovemaker
QL 190 Kyr'Ozch Rifle
QL 211 Kyr'Ozch Rifle
QL 218 Kyr'Ozch Rifle
QL 121 Bracer of Shrinking Flesh
QL 100 Eremite Macro Sensor
QL 144 Fine-Tuned Disaffiliation Sniper
QL 179 High-Quality Obtru Steel-Ribbed Armor Helmet
QL 157 OT-Windchaser RM70 Lol
QL 200 OT-Windchaser RM70 Ozelot
QL 200 Premium Stigma Rifle
QL 113 Ring of Divine Teardrops
QL 123 Ring of Divine Teardrops
QL 128 Ring of Divine Teardrops
QL 131 Ring of Divine Teardrops
QL 132 Ring of Divine Teardrops
QL 178 Ring of Power - Projectiles
QL 175 Tsakachumi PTO-HV6 Counter-Sniper Rifle
QL 204 Viral Compiler
QL 211 Viral Memory Storage Unit
QL 212 Viral Memory Storage Unit
QL 158 Yatamutchy X-3 Counter-Sniper Rifle
QL 179 Zastaba Velocity SW - Army
QL 190 Enduring Ocular Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban ( EnduringOA )

Third Prize

QL 1 Neck Eye
QL 20 Hologram PD: Barrel
QL 80 Bracer of Focused Concentration
QL 100 Ring of Divine Teardrops
QL 102 Ring of Divine Teardrops
QL 107 Ring of Divine Teardrops
QL 1 Omni-Med Suit Boots
QL 1 Omni-Med Suit Gloves
QL 1 Omni-Med Suit Shirt
QL 1 Omni-Med Suit Sleeves
QL 1 Omni-Med Suit Sleeves
QL 1 Omni-Med Suit Trousers
QL 61 Kyr'Ozch Viralbots
QL 140 Ring of Power - High Energy
QL 80 Ring of the Nucleus Basalis
QL 153 Simians's Bracelet
QL 48 Solid Clump of Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material
QL 75 Solid Clump of Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material
QL 106 Tsakachumi PTO-HV3a Counter-Sniper Rifle
QL 133 Tsakachumi PTO-HV3a Counter-Sniper Rifle
QL 55 Viral Compiler
QL 203 Viral Memory Storage Unit
QL 100 Original Search Glasses
QL 80 Moving Left Hand Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban ( MovingLHA )
QL 90 Vibrating Left Hand Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban ( VibratingLHA )
QL 120 Prevailing Right Arm Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban ( PrevailingRAA )

This armamentarium made securable thanks to Helpbot

Good luck to you all!
Last edited by Windguaerd on Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:49 am

One more outburst like that & you will be banned, we do not tollerate raceist comments in any way, shape or form here.
Be warned now slinkycat42!

A copy of that post has been moved to our infractions vault for future reference.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:00 am

2nd post removed & 2nd warning...

I can see that you are the sort of person that thinks the internet gives you some sort of a magic invisibility spell.

I'll make this clear, it will require an Admin to ban your user name & IP (or local IP group) from this site, however anyone (including me) can report your IP to your ISP, they tend to view this sort of thing badly.

|=HOF=|Arnt

Arnt, the life of an Agent

Post by |=HOF=|Arnt » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:10 pm

I started my Agent-life about two years ago, my nano-mage soldier started to get VERY gimpy.

As an agent I really have to be versatile, the team is really dependent on me. At most times I only have to inject
Crat nanobots so the guys will have some more experience, but on my own I really need health-injections and protection.
Taking mission for the company can be a bitch, but after a while you get used to it. Sneak in the enemies lair and execute
the orders that have been given to me, and it pays off man! Credits are allways welcome, and stuff that I can sell in shops
is also very welcome. And the best thing of it all is when beeing an agent you are able to sneak your tiny ass through
the missions of your choice without getting hurt or discovered and still get credits for it!
I remember when i got the nanobot injection for Ruse of Tharen 2, I went straight to the mission-machine and got me
the hardest mission i coould find with the most awesome payout. Experiencelevel 250! Hell ye, I was gonna
sneak my ass the whole way and just run out before those idiots could ever sense me beeing there and get my reward!
I found a mission in the usual place, Broken Shores, duh! Got in the first room and buffed up. Sneaked in the first room,
dont you think the damn clanner saw me straight away! This proffesion was'nt as easy as it seemed!

As a low experienced agent I started my career in Shadowland, I injected Meta-Physicist nanobots and called for the
healer blubber and ran straight into the strangest place in the universe! As an agent in SL I wasn't the most wanted
proffesion around, I was no use for, except for myself. As a lowbie I didnt really know to much about doing false
proffesions, I just felt high on aimed shooting at a distance. Then when I came to Elysium and had cleaned most of
The temple of the Three winds I had hard finding teams, I think it was a member of my organinisation that told me
about False proffessions and if I posted my "LFT's" with some buffing abilities I usually got myself a good team.

Now that I am at the experiencelevel of 165 I have really started to set my plans up. The Tier armor from SL helped alot,
the 1000 experience tokens admission board didn't excactly set me out. Now I am setting my eyes on updated False Proffesion
nanobots and some Azture armor, I could really be versatile that way. At the moment when i do False Proffesion I am using
up all my nanobots points at the speed of a snail with just one nanobot injection. Maybe I eventually can be a good doctor

I love the agent proffesion, like Ive mentioned some times before, its the most versatile proffesion in the universe.
The tiny bit is the most impressive about the agent. As I started my agent as my main character I had a hard way to go.
And it has payed out, Ive learned my life the hard way, and I think I have really mastered the way of the Agent.
Last edited by |=HOF=|Arnt on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arnt

Againt Aliumzz and Clanzz

TJCG

Post by TJCG » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:00 pm

Hello this is Ted. A.K.A. Ted R. Kurts A.K.A. Ted Ralph Kurts A.K.A. Ted David More A.K.A. TJCG! Rubi-Ka is filled with MANY things of vile and evil nature to things of DRASTIC VILE EVIL NATURE and Ted knows THIS! Ted has CHOSEN the profession of The Agent as his medium to bring PUNISHING ENLIGHTENMENT to Rubi-Ka from WORLD EARTH.
To establish and consolidate the MOSTLY INFINITE STRENGTH of The Lion of Judah is His mission! Ted IS The Lion of Judah!
Ted is the Lion and is NOT to be messed with and is someone who is to be taken seriously!

TJCG A.K.A. Ted Kurts VASTLY APPRECIATES the values of the profession of The Agent, and knows that these are truly the FINEST and MOST RUTHFULLY MARVELOUS beacon of vitality in the whole of time! Ted has MANY STORIES and SAGAS and LEGENDS and even MYTHS to tell about this MOST GLORIOUS PROFESSION and wishes to complete His Divine Province with your most gracious assistance!

Of the AFOREMENTIONED LEGENDRY mentioned above and in light of Divinity Ted offers his finite wisdom on the Agent Profession! Ted firmly believes that the Agent is mostly and LARGELY akin to THE EAGLE and Ted is The EAGLE! Ted is The Eagle and is NOT to be messed with like this Eagle looks:
[img]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9020/eagle2bh.jpg[/img]
(Preferred photograph of The Eagle.)

Ted is THE EAGLE and THE LION and is THE AGENT!

TJCG uses all resources available to Him as he traverses and wanders this DESOLATE and DRASTICALLY DESOLATE world in THIS profession. Ted enjoys using the SPECIALTY AGENT SKILL OF THE ENDLESS HEAVENS A.K.A. Aimed Shot! On this day Ted OPENED FIRE upon a VILLIANOUSLY HEINOUS GIGANTIC-FOUR-LEGGED-SPIDER which was twenty experience levels over Him and landed a CRITICAL AIMED SHOT for over four-thousand (4,004) points of Energy Damage which needless to say was more than this LIVID and simple organism could take. This is the truth at the maximum value of 100 (one-hundred) %! (per cent!)

TJCG uses his MALEVOLENT POWER to vanish before the eyes of the INFLICTED and the POSSESSED and the EVIL for many reasons! Some of these are:

1. Ted understands the greatness of SNEAKING MISSIONS TWICE HIS LEVEL ! I have had two agents and my NEW AND FRESH Atrox agent is not disappointing my HIGH to OVER-SIZED HOPES as of late.
2. I have on MANY OCCASIONS had the PRIVILEGE of stealthily sneaking through many enemy domains with the gift of concealment over the IP level of 1,000!
3. Ted can sometimes be angry to livid to FURIOUS and He uses this ability to the utmost maximum limits when preparing a well-placed critical hit! Ted is The Eagle and is someone who is NOT to be taken lightly.

TJCG also believes strongly and VERY STRONGLY INDEED in the usage of FEIGNING other professions! Ted LOVES and even LUSTS for the power to CHANGE PROFESSIONS ENTIRELY for a certain amount of time! Ted's favorites include but are NOT LIMITED TO enforcer for their NUMEROUS health buffs, meta-physisist for their HEALING PETS, and TRADER for their innate skills which allow OVER-EQUIPPING DEADLY TO DRASTICALLY DEADLY rifles and MORE!

To sum up the LAST NUMEROUS AFOREMENTIONED POINTS; TJCG's favorite profession is that of the AGENT for their complexities, their potential, and above all their INFINITE VARIETY OF OPTIONS! Ted also ENORMOUSLY appreciates using the PROFOUND to PROFANE range of the weapons which he has access to! Ted is THE EAGLE and must rely on his SUPERIOR FAR REACHING AND NEVER ENDING VISION AND REACH to strike at his weary opponents.

Ted is The Eagle and The Lion and the AGENT. Ted likes the AGENT because of this and all mentioned above.

TJCG has been in the world of Rubi-Ka for a few years now and wishes to reach the MUCH COVETED LEVEL OF 220! However Ted is not what is known as a WEALTHY person or even a WELL OFF person and hence Ted will continue to work towards his DESTINY and FATE A.K.A. obtaining enlightenment and MUST USE THIS POWER AND STRENGTH AND COURAGE AND STRENGTH OF THE LION OF JUDAH IN ORDER TO CRUSH AND DESTROY TO SMASH AND OBLITERATE ALL HEINOUS AND EVIL INDIVIDUALS IN ALL OF THE KNOWN UNIVERSE OF WORLDS AND MARBLES! Ted refuses to use any other class for this! Even in the form of an alternative person or persona!

[img]http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/8128/t ... rld4mq.jpg[/img]
This is TJCG at the EXPERIENCE LEVEL OF 45 infront of an ANIMATED BILLBOARD in the Rubi-Ka city of BOREALIS for the Motion Picture Underworld: Evolution! Note that TJCG is in NO WAY TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH SAID MOVIE OR ACTRESS OR BAD ACTRESS ALSO SHOWN IN THIS PHOTO! Unlike Selene TCJG is ACTUALLY AND IS THE Death Dealer and is THE EAGLE.
[img]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4002/t ... ceusaf.jpg[/img]
This is the current Throne of Ted's.
TedJCG
Level 120 Atrox Agent!

lucas72998

Post by lucas72998 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:10 am

My journey began in a spaceport. ?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?àÔÇ£What do you want to be?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼? was the question of the moment. ?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?àÔÇ£Here are your choices?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼??â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?é?ª?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?é?ª?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?é?ª?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?é?ª?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?é?ª.I imagine everyone with no previous experience with the game relied on the brief descriptions given and made their particular choice because something in the description rang a bell with them or just seemed to be the best fit for their personality or alternate ego. I recall this moment. The Agent profession looked like a good fit, but the deal was sealed when I saw it was tagged ?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?àÔÇ£difficult.?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼? I forecasted that the agent profession could be the intellectual challenge that was missing from my other recent gaming experiences.

From that humble beginning, through the process of growing my Agent to mid-level, I have gotten a better sense of why Agent was my best choice. I could go the easy route and explain how being an Agent allows those, who?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós parents favored spending their spare IP points on intelligence, can be continually challenged and avoid boredom and loss of interest. The almost infinite combination of FP?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós, nano and equipment combinations gives unlimited fodder to feed the research, analyze and test mill. As a mid-level character, I don?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ót feel I have hardly scratched the surface of new things to try. The promise of learning and being constantly challenged has more than proven out. Only today I read that I could FP fixer and B&E into the fixer shop. How cool is that!

I really believe my fondness for the Agent profession goes much deeper. The Agent role has similarities to the ?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?àÔÇ£retro?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼? gaming I did that cemented my continuing interest in RPG?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós. Being an agent is like reliving my youth. After logging off from a session, I invariably have sheets of paper filled with notes of skill levels, OE figures and buff amounts. The session is a blur of forum searches and concurrent online chats in-between spawns. When I finally drag my ass to bed, my head is filled with new things to try the following day. It reminds me of the online gaming in the mid 80?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós. Dungeons and Dragons was dying down and BBS?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós were the rage. I fondly recall the intellectual challenge of turn based RPGs where you dialed in with your 1500 baud modem armed with a list of commands and an ascii map filled with handwritten notes. The anticipation of dialing in again 24 hours later to analyze your successes and defeats is similar to the anticipation I have waiting for my next opportunity to play my Agent. The seemingly unlimited combination of FPs, nanos and equipment is in geometric proportion greater than the other professions and will keep my interest to level 200+.

Oh yea! And there is nothing like the feeling you get responding to the bemused comments of your teammates about how you pulled aggro away from the tank. Like a proud Popa showing his kids pictures, I cut and paste the log of a 10,000+ aimedshot followed by a couple of 3000+ crits and smugly introduce the post with a ?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?àÔÇ£I guess this pissed him off a little?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?é?ª?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?é?ª.?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?

Lucas72992
Opifex Agent
Level 121

Arlanon

Post by Arlanon » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:58 am

I like being an Agent because people hate me. I know more about their professions than most of them do.

Arsassin

Post by Arsassin » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:53 pm

The name is Arsassin.
There have been many before me, and will be many after me.
I am not a pioneer, I am merely a lamb amongst the flock.
But I take pride in what I do, it is not just sneaking around and hiding.

I am not yet an adult, but I have listened well to my peers.
My future has great things in store for me, I will be the most diverse of all my friends.
When they still run around shooting their guns, hacking with their swords or yelling at their pets.
I will be healing, debuffing, shooting, draining, buffing, nuking.
The things I can do, will surpass even their wildest dreams.
For this reason, I love my profession. I love it dearly.
I am an agent, an agent of my own agenda.
It's not all about personal gain, it's the things I can do to help others.
I can be both selfish, and a good samaritan.

My life so far has started out wonderful, it took some time. But finally I got a weapon to surpass all others, my damage went through the roof.
I was happy, happy as an infant. Untill I realized this newfound happiness for greater damage, meant the evil things we fought.
Now wanted to fight me, instead of the big enforcer.
So I do what must be done, I relax a bit. Tune down my aggressiveness, and in doing so provide less damage.
Just tuned it down enough so that the enforcer still was the one taking the hits, but I still provided significant damage to my team.

The pride I took when I cast my first ruse, it was so good.
When I could finally become close to invisible, dissapearing from the naked eye.
Such things bring thrills to me, it gives me pride in my profession.
People may say what they like, but an agent is what I am at heart.
This is the profession for me, the thing that I should be.

I have the means to do anything, that is why I am an agent.

Twistshot

Post by Twistshot » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:59 pm

[IC]

Why did I decide to be trained as an Agent? I suppose when you get right down to root of the matter it is because I had no choice, not really anyway. It was either accept the offered training or I would find my education barrd in all other feilds, reducing me to being press-ganged into the common labor pool of the Omni Deep Space mining station I was born and raised on.

Left with just those two choices I selected the only real one, to be trained as an Agent. However once training began I was amazed and impressed by the scoop of the training. Ways to use a selection of nano-programs ment for other professions, the stealth training, counter-terrorist training and so much more.

Yes there have been difficult times however the good so far out weighs the bad by a great deal and the two things that I feel mark my experiance as an Agent is, firstly, the very first mission I was sent on. It involved me tracking down and stopping a deranged bomber in Rome and stoping him before destroying a childrens hospital, that one event still brings me pride even now despite having preformed more challenging and involved tasks.

The second defining moment in my life has to be after I joined the clans and when I was introduced to Vixentrox, she has often been a motivating force in my life, always ready to give me a swift kick to the head to jolt me out of what ever funk or rut I found my self in. I constantly feel privliaged to call her a friend.

[ooc]

I have always played agents on AO, the first time I played my agent eventually found its way to the ranks of MD, and it still ticks me off to hear how it fell, where I did fairly well untill my computer decided to fry its brains.

Months later I joined the world of AO once again playing, once again, an agent. I love their ability to sneek into locations, rivaled only by shades who train their concealment, to preform sneek missions. Their ability to cast nanos from all but the keepers and shades appeals to me because in other games i always tried to be able to cast spells from all the feilds.

Also I always find it fun, when it happens which is rarer now, to stand by and watch a tank class take several minutes to kill a mob and then coming along and killing the same kind of mob in just the span of a few button pushes.

However the greatest positive experience for me as my agent has to be meeting Vixentrox as well as the people in Aethyr Prime. If I had played any other profession I would never had met these people, and much like my IC part of the post, Vixentrox has always been willing, if not eager, to kick me in the head so that I get it back on strait.

I have tried a few other professions and always felt as if i was trying on gloves that did not fit well, they just dont strike me as being, well, as being as good as an agent.

None the less, the greatest part of being an agent for me is not what I can do with it, or what i have done, it is the people it has let me meet and call my friend.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:49 am

Contest Closed, will read entries and then...announce winners Friday.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.