**Issue** Budabot HELP PLZ& How to use MySQL with Budabo

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

chopticon07

**Issue** Budabot HELP PLZ& How to use MySQL with Budabo

Post by chopticon07 » Sat May 30, 2009 10:13 pm

I got a Budabot to work for me but now the issue is it keeps giving this error
Starting Roster Update
Error in getting the Org roster xmlfile.
Please try again later.

WTF is this? lol I am no expert at computers, but Why is it giving me this Error... And does anybody know how to fix it? you can send me a tell In-game on Killzyoazz if im offline on tht toon send a tell to Doctakillz.. Plzz I really need help plzz :shock:

Also I have downloaded WAMP which has apache and MYSQL and PHP and SQLite... WTF do i do to get the bot to update the org roster >< making me soooo irritated..... Plzz help[/b]
Last edited by chopticon07 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun May 31, 2009 12:15 am

This is normal...

The program was updated quite some time ago, you need to add a file & alter a couple more...

It would be easy for the budabot team to update their download, but apparently they can't be bothered as it's 'too much work', so they've put links on their page...

If you get it to work, congratulations, I got one to work a long time ago but don't seem to be able to manage it this time round.

Basicaly the bot will work just fine as it is apart from the org roster won't work.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

chopticon07

Post by chopticon07 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Damn. Ya IIt wont let me on their website for some reason. Idk... I got MySQL but tht is wayy to confusing. I like Budabot better than Vhabot But Budabot is little more confusing like it doesnt list all the commands or anything >< But, thank you anyways for the help. It keeps saying all new members to the bot are Unknown and not guilded... which is annoying as well ><

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Yup, that's the bit you gotta correct...

chopticon07

Post by chopticon07 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 am

I got this program called WAMP and it has SQlite and MySQL and PHP 5 or whatever... But how in the hell do I get it to run with my bot??? I have no Idea how to do tht stuff. Plzzz If any one can help me plzz do ><

capncaveman

Post by capncaveman » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Snakebite wrote:This is normal...

The program was updated quite some time ago, you need to add a file & alter a couple more...

It would be easy for the budabot team to update their download, but apparently they can't be bothered as it's 'too much work', so they've put links on their page...

If you get it to work, congratulations, I got one to work a long time ago but don't seem to be able to manage it this time round.

Basicaly the bot will work just fine as it is apart from the org roster won't work.

the org roster wont update when people.anarchy server is down
as for budabot try www.budabot.com the site has move and is active in development again
What if? the hokey pokey is what its all about

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Slight case of thread necromancy there, but never mind, it's all informational lol.

P.S. You may recognise they're increadibly efficient and good looking (although you can't see thru the interwebz) Forums Moderator... :mrgreen: