Mechdog (and general fixer) advice

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Greech

Mechdog (and general fixer) advice

Post by Greech » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:32 pm

So I'm at level 33 (still), and mechdogs continue to kick my arse. I literally go through a ton of health, leave the mission multiple times, all this just to kill each mechdog (Patrol, albino, security, etc).

Any ideas what I should do? Like the previous thread, I only have MG/SMG weapons, and whether I dual wield the weapons that I can or, single-wield the best of the bunch, net total damage each time gets no better than 60 points.

Mech dogs on the other hand continuously hit me for 80+ points all the time. Even with a nano program running (mending sutures) I cannot seem to win at this if the Mish contains the canines...

I have armored up with newer as often as possible, and always favoring best melee damage coverage. Sigh...

Oh, and one other thing, most of my snares are useless on the dogs. At best if it works, the snare lasts 2 or 3 seconds. Maybe I'm just playing the Fixer wrong...

Anyhow, lemme know what you think....

G

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Get missions that don't have mechdogs in. Nuff said.

There always a pain, and until you get your evades high enough to be able to evade them in full defense mode or get hots high enough to out heal them you will always struggle, so best thing would be to adjust your mission settings to get mutants or such

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:16 am

Obvious questions...

What lvl implants do you have in? At lvl330 you should at least have lvl50 imps in without too much trouble...

How did you get your guns on? Did you see a Trader for a wrangle to help get bigger guns on? /tell helpbot !oe (your wep skill here) will let you know how big a weapon you can get on with a wrangle & still have full use after the wrangle drops...

Same with armour, what are you wearing? Carbonum is a good armour (just get someone to make you it), & it's twinkable on in the same way with !oe & stam & agil buffs...

What server are you on & which faction?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Weeping Willow

Post by Weeping Willow » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:48 am

easy answer is : try to avoid Mechdogs in mission ... to do that, put the slider GOOD/BAD on full good, and ORDER/CHAOS on full ORDER.

whatever your prof and level, mechdogs are a pain... going from "too much HP for its level" mob if you are nicely twinked to a "oh poop I m dead" mob

Careful with the language... :wink:
Snakebite

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Can you post whether or not you are a Free account or have some expansions so I can better answer your question.... <===220 Fixer
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Greech

Post by Greech » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Ok,

TO answer all questions:

1) Free Account
2) Sliders - Order/Chaos on Full ORDER, Good/Bad is on FULL BAD
3) Implants - Level 20's and some 30's. I misstated, I'm at level 32 right now. In order to go to level 50 Imps, I would have to raise my treatment would have to be 242 (currently 149 not completely maxed). Even if I could max out y treatment skill, around 175 is the highest I could go at a level 32 Fixer.

4) The Solar SMG was original equipment. The rest of the MG/SMG's were either from missions or purchased from General store.
5) Armor is whatever I have been able to acquire from Missions. Not sure what you mean (or where to go) to get Carbonum armor. Nor am I clear on what twinkable, !oe means in your reply (sorry).

6) Server = Atlantean
7) Faction = I'm neutral character & just joined "Dragons of Death" Org.

NOTES: I joined the ORG mentioned above yesterday, which actually has been nice. There's a high level guy in there that has some nicer things banked that he just gives away. Primarily, I swapped upto a better SMG. That's actually helped a lot.

G

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Dont forget you get 100 treatment from the machine needed to put the implants in.

You could do with getting a decent gun really, I'll have a look around for a 50ish kerans that should sort you

Armour wise Im not sure, possibly look into getting some special leather armour really failing that carb.

Greech

Post by Greech » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:13 pm

Ahhh, I forgot that surg clinic adds 100 to treatment when doing implants. So I could dump all my implants and get all QL50, but that cost could be quite high.

Should I just do a few at a time (currently have about $130k in pocket change). That would probably deplete me.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:32 am

A lot of high lvl players will happily give away their older stuffz, I can't help you anyway, I'm on Rimor lol.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:13 am

if you can't get a set from someone else or such I'd suggest just putting a few crucial ones in, personally I always go for the nano skill ones first then weapon skills then the rest

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:17 pm

I have been told it is cheaper to build implants then buy pre-made

but as someone mentioned, get the ones most needed, like the 1's that add SMG, umm I fergot what else is important to a fixer.

also you can get another 78 treatment if you have a full set of omni med suit.
I am neutral, but I do have a omni toon, just to buy my med suits :wink:

oh forgot to add . I really really really really really do not like the albino mech dogs

Scene
AOU Community Legend

Post by Scene » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:15 am

... hellhounds - RK's grandfather to SL's Bound Dryads