Farewell

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Farewell

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:55 pm

I have been dreading this day for couple of months, but since it's been a week since I lgged in-game (and been playing just for couple of hours/week in said months), the time has come:

I'm quiting Anarchy Online

I'm not saying this is permanent situation, since I still haven't canceled my account (and no, nobody gets my phats). But atm and in forseenable future I simply lack time as well as motivation to play. Blame it on RL: full time work (and then some), lectures, falling madly in love :oops: . Oh, and I have just started on my disertaion work (after completion, I'll be looking for new job, addopting to new challenges, etc..)

So unlike most of players, who left, I don't blame FC even with sometimes too feverishly bashing their decisions on main forums. Under Silirrion's lead they got new developers and produced amazing amount of new content with elan unmatched in previous years. That being said, it's criticm time: While individual FC employees are nice people, FC as company could improve their stance towards playerbase as well as take care of those annoying credit sellers.

What's left to say? Thanks to all the amazing and outstanding players I have meet. Problem is that I was privilegded to play and/or benefit with too many great personalities to give them credits by names. So I hope they'll forgive me for simply grouping them in cathegories:

ARKs: any group of players that dedicate their time to help others is by definition outstanding. If you happen to run across somebody whose work doesn't exactly satisfy you, please remember that they are players as well, thus their tools are limited and/or while inexperienced, they still strive to help you.

Fan sites & staff: Gratitude both to those that host guides as well as those that develop 3rd party tools. It might seem strange to thank the "competition", but I too was a newb once and benefited from such sites and tools. Beside, I support anything that brings diversity and give players an option to choose which guide is best suited for them.

Cerberus/Rollerrats : hats off to both current and ex members. Bunch of friendliest and most inquisitive players I have run across. The reason I have sticked with this game for over 6 years (5.5 of them in said guild) as well as the reason I have started writting guides. And while in course of time some decided to leave/branch out, I can't help to think highly of most of them.

Roleplayers: while I haven't participated in RP as much as I wished, your work and fantasy enrich the game

Testers: yet another group of players that dedicate their time to help others, sometimes at their own cost (quests get buggy and they can't finish them for example). Anyone visiting TestLive dimension will learn they are friendly and funny bunch, just please adopt somewhat different etiquette on that dimension. And while I have creditied those that helped me most while gathering info for guides, most of TestLive residents helped me at one time or another. This is sadly one mistake I won't be able to correct.

Others: there are also several players that don't fall in any of the above cathegories, yet they managed to impress me with their skill and/or attitude. Breaching the sides of conflict, with no personal gain, they simply proved they are good persons.

Again, I'm sorry for not listing names, but the list would be too long as well as I'd probably forget to mention several players. I hope that those that I'll remember fondly will know what they meant to me and how much inspiration they have given me.

But like I have said, this might not be permanent situation and someday I might return. Hopefully then I'll get the chance to thank them "in-person" as well as meet new players from which I'll be able to learn of all the changes to the game :) .
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:38 pm

You have given so much time, effort and enthusiasm to everything you have done - even when you knew there may be so little given or said in return.

Everyone will sorely miss your contributions to AO Universe, I am sure there are some people who dont even realise the amount you do put in... however, I am sure everyone will notice next big patch when the rest of the team completely fail to even remotely fit in the work load you have shouldered.

Thank you Trgeorge. As I have said to you earlier today, you have been an inspiration to me and a huge help both with AOU and ingame. You are a wonderful, generous and thoughtful person and I wish you every success and happiness in your future (of which I really hope will have AO and AOU back in it again).

With all my best wishes,
Katelin

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:06 pm

Damn...

So long & thanks for all the fish...

Have fun out there & don't be a stranger in here...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:32 pm

Trgeorge, what can we say about our fallen friend? oh wait, he's still alive?

Oh my, what am I going to do with this eulogy?

Ummm...

Trgeorge has been a source of inspiration and the virtual juggernaut behind the AOU Knowledge section, check the credits in guides and you will see his name in a good number of them.

He organize and planned in advance to cover new quests, tradeskills and anything that would be new content to provide the AOU community with the most current information possible.

Trgeorge was and IS the man.

He will be missed as a member of the AOU Staff, and an active member of the Community.

Because of his vast contribution to the site, I /bow to Trgeorge and wish him the best.

Perhaps he will return one day to the game and we may find ourselves lucky to play with a great gamer.

And I remember the times we roleplayed, and they were good, I miss those days man.

Well, I don't really know what to say, except that we'll miss you a lot bud, and we're going to try and live up to your standards, and probably fail miserable, heh =P

I hereby declare Trgeorge, AOU Community Legend and by the power of Greyskull I shall bestow thee thy new rank!

All bow to Trgeorge, for he has the power!

Couldn't think of a better sendoff man, don't forget us and drop by from time to time.
Last edited by Windguaerd on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:00 pm

Uhm, whats there left to say after Winds post? :P

You did a great job! I'll miss your commenting and work, hope you'll stick around here when you have time (and come back to the game again of course :))