Farming

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Kendhra

Farming

Post by Kendhra » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:16 am

Right. So I managed to make it to 133 with my main. First off I have CSP map managed to get that working somehow. I need Sphere map and have it downloaded but don't know how to get it working in game. I have Clicksaver downloaded but once again don't know how to get it in the game. Both of those (I know for sure) are non-existent in my account. So my question for those is how do I get them from my computer to my AO account. Third and last.....I'm a paid user but up until about 133 relied solely on GSP contests for credits. I really need more credits now than that can provide realistically but have no clue where to farm for items to sell (that would sell for a decent amount). Can anyone lend some advice?

(I have SL, LE and AI)

Thanx

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:17 am

first of all, the sphere map should have instructions with it or on the site you downloaded for how to install it into the maps folder in your anarchy online folder.

Once thats done head into shadowlands, it the map button and press the I in the corner of the window, hit select map and choose the Spheremap in the window that pops up.

As for clicksaver, once you've downloaded (and unzipped it if its zipped) just run the .exe, it will take you through the installation process (if you can really call it that) and then update its self (make sure AO isnt running at this point) once its updated all you gotta do is run it and then start AO and go from there.

As for cash, things I suggest are Farming in shadowlands for pocket boss pattern pieces, they sell well to vendors considering there not rare, also in some static missions in shadowlands you can find a large number of pearls which sell exceedingly well to vendors (upwards of 100k each for 100+ pearls)

Course if your a fixer or other class able to blitz missions at a reasonable rate and get your clicksaver working, rolling missions for Anima's, Tank armour and battle suits and blitzing them can be very profitable if you can do it fast enough.

Other then that I guess you could farm some dyna camps and hope to get lucky for some rare loot drops to sell

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Here are some helpful links that I found under the Knowledge base at the left.......

Clicksaver Guide

Master Blitzing List V.2.0
Blitzing is the art of rolling a mission from mission terminals for a specific item... racing through the whole mission, kill the target, repair the machine or find the item, of the mission and get the hell out! These items sell well to vendor machines, or you get a commission from someone hiring you to blitz the mission for them.

You mention that you have CSP map.... I would recommend that you get the Atlas of Rubi-Ka upgrade to the CSP map (left under Multimedia >> Downloads >> Maps]. The new map has npc locations on it for the new various quests on Rubi-Ka. Some of these quests pay quite well.
Links to those quests can be found under the AO Classic section, Quests.

At your level of 133.... you should be able to easily solo the dyna camps in Wailing Wastes..... there is a circuit of dyna camps that range from 45 to 60.... In these camps the Rare "Pump Trainee" or "Pump Master" shotgun might, again I emphasize, might drop. The Trainee ranges from QL 40-49 and sells for 20-25 million credits. The "Pump Master" is QL 50 and sells for upwards of 50 million credits. This shotgun is used by low level Trader Twinks for tower wars.... A couple of those and your credit problems is solved...... heh heh for the time being!

Hope this helps some.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Kendhra

Post by Kendhra » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:22 am

Yes it has helped :) thanx to both of you :) recently someone also took me to the halls of scheol to farm pearls and while the payoff isn't as high as the stuff you two mentioned the drop rate (I think) is higher.....for any other high level semi-noobs out there who have shadowlands that's a great place to make around 10m in a couple of hours, but your comp lit needs to be high and you should only sell them at your factions terminals....omni, clan or nuetral ;) The person who took me through sold them for me she was about 160 and 10m was two backs worth (her comp lit was maxed).

Thanx again you two tonight farming is on :D :P

leolandor

Yes

Post by leolandor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:09 am

The Advice they gave was EXCELLENT....if you need any help...let me know. Im on Rimor... :D

Kendhra

Post by Kendhra » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:05 pm

BTW that is a dungeon in Halls Of Shceol :p

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:20 pm

yeah I did that static mission myself for a while, good cash