Clicksaver not working ?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

castagere

Clicksaver not working ?

Post by castagere » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:32 am

it just stopped working. It won't even popup on its own. And when i click on mission terms.,It won't show any missions. Any ideas? I did change my desktop to not show any icons so i would have a clean desktop. That wouldn't be the problem would it?

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Doesn't sound like desktop icons should have anything to do with Clicksaver. I didn't notice anything suddenly not working here, although it did crash with a protection fault for me today while pulling a mission. Generally still works though.

castagere

Post by castagere » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:37 am

Is there a way to uninstall it,so i can start over? It didn't come with an uninstaller and add/remove it doesn't show up there.

castagere

Post by castagere » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:22 am

Turns out it was the clean dasktop. I put the icons back up and now it works. Very strange indeed. I wanted to run a clean desktop but clicksaver says no.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:24 am

drop the icon in your hotbar...

unless you've actualy installed it to the desktop, in which case, that's not an icon, that's the program...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:25 am

Wow that's weird, I have an absolutely clean desktop and can run Clicksaver. Though I do run the "ancient" version 2.3.2, not the closed source one by the guy from arpa3.net.

castagere

Post by castagere » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:58 pm

Uragon wrote:Wow that's weird, I have an absolutely clean desktop and can run Clicksaver. Though I do run the "ancient" version 2.3.2, not the closed source one by the guy from arpa3.net.
Uragon,How did you do it? I downloaded it to my documents and would start it up from there. But once i hid the desktop icons using the the right click feature on my desktop, It just wouldn't work. It would load and i would minimize it,start the game up go to a mission booth and nothing. It wouldn't popup at all. And i'm using the same version as you.

castagere

Post by castagere » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Ok, I got it working now. I just created a desktop shortcut for it. So now it works with my clean desktop.

Jordo754

Post by Jordo754 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:33 am

Can anybody help me? Me and my freind don't understand. I did everything on this site it says about Click Saver, but the item i want isnt showing up. We're confused. So plz can some one help me??é?? :(

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:10 am

First question is...

1/ What is the (complete & full) name of the item you're after?
2/ Whate EXACTLY is happening when you set it up & hit the go button?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!