Questions from a noob about advy equip

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

BadFish42

Questions from a noob about advy equip

Post by BadFish42 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:27 am

I'm a level 26 adventurer,
just to get this out there:
pistol - 167
FlingShot - 150
Burst - 147
Multi-Ranged - 124

i'm currently using 2 QL 25 Cast-off IMI Desert Reet 1000's that do 2-28 chemical AC damage.

I have about 41,000 credits (I can get more lol)

What my question is, what would you guys recomend for good advy pistols, that hit quite a bit higher (i believe those are low hits for a lvl 26), and attack under, or at 1.50sec?

And my frooby question lol, and i feel stupid for it,
but i keep hearing of something called a "trade shop" where I can purchase advy pistols, and all other sorts of things, not like the general store, and not the trader department in the stores, but something called a trade shop, it's hidden in a luxury dimensions store? or something like that,
i'm not sure, but if there is one ,can anyone tell me where to find it? lol

and if there isn't, is there an actualy adventurer store, where i can find advy equipment?

Thanks ahead of time! :)
Love your neighbor as yourself
If I loved myself last night does that mean I need to jerk my neighbor off as well?

Zeephonz

Post by Zeephonz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:39 am

For froobs, you can't go past the BBI Faithful 22's and then 100's at higher levels. They're slower than what you are ideally looking for, but make up for that with some really nice damage output on RK.

They're also cheap.

You need to talk to your local friendly trader toon to get these for you from their special shop (the shop you are referring to, butu only traders can access). The QL's can vary, but if you have some creds, stock up on pairs you can use later on.

You final move past the BBI's will be to take a trip into Biomare/Foremans and get a pair of http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=156771 those little babys but "persuading" the Lab Director to cough them up. Once you have them on, you won't need another pair of pistols again... unless you turn into a paid player. You should be able to get those on at level 40ish.
Regards,
Zeephonz - 220/30/70 Pistolero Advy
Zeemedic - 220/23/70 Pistolero Doc
... and a truckload of others

President - A.R.S (Athens Recovery Service)

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:52 am

Custom desert reets are always a good option, as are the guns from the trader only shop, also look into the tradeskiled advy guns from the capsules I think one or two of them are pretty decent.

And nope no adventurer shop, traders get one because there traders, and fixers get one because there shady people ?é?¼_?é?¼

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:34 pm

Original Electronicums might work before you get your hands on a Customized Desert Reet. They're for sale in Jobe up to ql 50. Froobs might have to ask friends with expansions to go buy them a pair.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:20 pm

there also sold by the second hand salespeople in the rubi-ka backyards, only real problem with them is lack of specials, but until higher levels I guess you don't actually need specials.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Yes, RK backyard vendors sell them up to ql 10, so I guessed a level 26 Adventurer might have already outgrown them slightly.

Zacine

Post by Zacine » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Casorinth wrote:And nope no adventurer shop, traders get one because there traders, and fixers get one because there shady people ?é?¼_?é?¼
Not completely true, no ranged advy store... Melee advies can visit The Tsunayoshi Smith, who crafts some of the best 1H advy weapons out there for low level characters (QL 135 and under). Not really an advy only store, but...

I'd definitely use BBI Faithful 22's early on and then BBI Faithful 100's later. At 41, you can equip an IMI Customized Desert Reet 1000 from the Foreman, but good luck getting one at that level because of the level cap on the dungeon for high level helpers...

You might also try River Seasons XP (made from Sealed Weapon receptacle, add an "Ultra Short Composite Barrel"), Kaen-Archibald Kolt, or Joint Clans Scout Pistols (Clan and Neutral shops, dyna boss loot--beats out the Kaen at lower levels).

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Uragon wrote:Yes, RK backyard vendors sell them up to ql 10, so I guessed a level 26 Adventurer might have already outgrown them slightly.
Depends there damage is really rather good for there levels and such, and it beats a lot of trash guns you pick up even if there level 30.

And Zacine, Im talking about class only access shops, traders and fixers are the only people that have stores only they can access (not counting agent fp and ofab gear stores)

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Casorinth wrote:Depends there damage is really rather good for there levels and such, and it beats a lot of trash guns you pick up even if there level 30.
Maybe better than ql 30 trash guns, but not better than ql 30 guns of the same type. Why settle for a ql 10 if you can just ask a friend to go buy you a ql 30 that you can equip just as simple? Unless you're *really* short on cash.

Zeephonz

Post by Zeephonz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:33 pm

Zacine wrote:
Casorinth wrote:I'd definitely use BBI Faithful 22's early on and then BBI Faithful 100's later. At 41, you can equip an IMI Customized Desert Reet 1000 from the Foreman, but good luck getting one at that level because of the level cap on the dungeon for high level helpers...
It's surprising just how many 100 twinks show up at Foremans to paaaartay... and most of them will happily let you tag along and grab a couple of CDR's.
Regards,
Zeephonz - 220/30/70 Pistolero Advy
Zeemedic - 220/23/70 Pistolero Doc
... and a truckload of others

President - A.R.S (Athens Recovery Service)

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:08 pm

Uragon wrote:
Casorinth wrote:Depends there damage is really rather good for there levels and such, and it beats a lot of trash guns you pick up even if there level 30.
Maybe better than ql 30 trash guns, but not better than ql 30 guns of the same type. Why settle for a ql 10 if you can just ask a friend to go buy you a ql 30 that you can equip just as simple? Unless you're *really* short on cash.
That only works if you have friends :.(

<goes and sits in the lonely corner>

Zacine

Post by Zacine » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:11 pm

Zeephonz wrote:It's surprising just how many 100 twinks show up at Foremans to paaaartay... and most of them will happily let you tag along and grab a couple of CDR's.
I didn't know that, I picked mine up before Biomare was nerfed for higher levels.