Question about research

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

castagere

Question about research

Post by castagere » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:26 pm

I just upgraded to full espansions. I just wanted to know where you guys set the slider when you are doing research? Right now i have it at 10% marksman for my soldier. I missed doing this when i first upgraded and feel like i messed up. Should i set it at full to catch up? I'm lvl 78 now.

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:20 pm

You open the Research panel with Shift-O.... As LE experience is capped, a ratio of 25%LE / 75% normal exp is a good...

Here is a link to the soldier FAQ I found on AO's Profession Academies forums.... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=515855

In the Table of Contents is a section for LE Research... it might explain more pertaining to the Soldier prof... As a fixer, I usually just snare you guys and run like hell... FA hurts.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi there,

With regards to "did I mess up" .. well no, not really :) Your research is something you will monitor and control yourself. Some people stop at certain levels to cap it, others just keep researching at a nominal rate while they level normally.

Obviously, the higher levels of research you can attain, the more you can gain skill bonuses etc - but again, completely down to your own preferences.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:37 pm

yeah I work on the basis of capping it, then ignoring it till I reach the next level they become unlocked myself.

I know some people that ignore it till they get into inferno missions and just farm it there, and I also know others that just leave it on 25% personal 25% global and just play normally, depends on your style of play I guess

just remember, more research your doing, the slower you will level

castagere

Post by castagere » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks for the replies. Great info

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Re: Question about research

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:43 pm

castagere wrote:I just upgraded to full espansions. I just wanted to know where you guys set the slider when you are doing research? Right now i have it at 10% marksman for my soldier. I missed doing this when i first upgraded and feel like i messed up. Should i set it at full to catch up? I'm lvl 78 now.
Idealy, if you really want to catch up, your best way would probably be to get to lvl160, get yourself saved in Inferno & then grovel to the high lvl members in your Org to drag you (kicking & screaming in fear) round a few Inferno missions... The faction, xp & research will come VERY thick & fast at that level, but get the xp last as you gain more at 160 than you would at higher lvls...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!