Some questions concerning Engineer

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

drag0zu

Some questions concerning Engineer

Post by drag0zu » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:59 am

greetings, i played AO from the very well beginning for i think 8 months or something like that ..then i quitted and now i am back after this long time and i really forgot everything :)

i am playing a clan engi and read the guide on this side. my questions are:

1.As an additional skill "first aid" is not mentioned in the guide, would you recommend it or not ?

2.Concerning trade skills:

i would like to be half fighting-half trading engineer, but i dont know which trade skills would probably be the best for equipping myself and for making money. what i would like to do is creating nano crystals and handling implants. Also i would like to make carbonium plate armor.

is this just too much i want ? am i wasting points with that trade skill behaviour ?

3. Besides the carbonium armor is there any other Armor which goes on Stam/agi/Int (any combination) . i didnt found any in the shops, nor in any mission loot for my low lvl (12 i think)

Greets

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:17 pm

First aids always a good skill to raise if your taking damage a lot (as a fixer I havn't raised it since level 5 myself...) so just decide depending on how much damage your taking.

As for tradeskills, I'd suggest waiting till your around the 100ish mark before thinking about putting IP there, but if you really want to start straight away, I have some other recommendations for you.

First of all, check tradeskill guides for items you can see your self making, as an engineer, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering are always a good place to start with your trimmers to improve your robots and such, but if your gonna be doing tradeskills, you'll find you will most likely be raising all but one or two of your tradeskills anyway (pharma tech probably wont rise unless you wish to start doing the monster part grind or making your own meds)

Unfortunately lots of the worth while tradeskills require large amounts of different skills, so you have to keep that in mind.

as for point 3, Im not sure I can really help you here, personally I always just wore what ever armour had the best stats on it at the time, as I kept all my base skills maxed cos I got fed up of hitting points where I couldnt raise skills or use items because they where too low, if your level 12, Perhaps you could try and get some living cyber from the subway, or a set of carbonum would work, although when alls said and done, you don't really need armour till a bit higher, at wich point im sure you will be able to find the types you want yourself

drag0zu

Post by drag0zu » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:54 pm

ok thanks, so concerning the trade questions i think i will leave my points now where they are except ME and EE for powering my pet. i invested a little bit in pharma to convert monster parts. Maybe i should just let it be and ask ppl to convert it for me. because somehow i need to make money.

Another question concerning something different:

can i blitz mission even on my low level or do i need more runspeed ?

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:02 pm

feel free to raise your pharmatech for monster parts if you want, but untill higher level they wont get you all that much cash.

Depends, my engineer friends "blitzes" missions by just letting his pets kill everything. However you can do it at your level if you want, get a fixer to give you a run buff and do it like that, it will be easier when you get your blind auras aswell. Although at low level your better off just killing the entire mission for xp and cash

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:05 pm

One of my alts is a 210 Engi that I mostly solo'd to his level.... I found this guide to be very useful.... heh heh in fact, I printed it out.....

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=463195

Hope this gives you some answers to most of your questions.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

drag0zu

Post by drag0zu » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:41 pm

thx, i already read it several times :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:31 am

I have a lvl220 'top end' tradeskiller...

To be honest, if you're wanting 'half & half' you may as well go full tradeskill, you still have reasonable combat abilities with your bot anyway.

No matter what you do, your bot is EVERYTHING!!! Neglect it at your own risk (& I do mean YOUR risk lol).

So long as you can leaver on the very highest bot possible (don't forget you can use a wrangle to 'hotstart' your bot), then you can fairly well ignore your own weapons for quite a while.

But I wouldn't start with any tradeskills at all other than what you need for your engi pistol till you're at least lvl110-120, possibly higher, as it costs too much...

Which server are you on? I'm on Rimor & am also clan (not that it would bother me coming to Rome lol) & will hopefuly be ingame a lot in a couple of weeks & I could give you some pointers if you wanted...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

drag0zu

Post by drag0zu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:22 pm

thx for the help again, i am german soi play on the german server "neue welt" but thanks for the offer!

:D

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:38 pm

oooh if all the Germans I knew on RK1 moved to Die Neue Welt.. I think I would be lonely .. although hey, should I ever get annoyed with Uragon I will tell him there is a new rule that means he has to play on RK3 :D

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:46 pm

I actually do know a few Germans that played on RK3. One of them even IRL. :)
Doubt I'd move over there though.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Errr, actualy I have the same named Engi on all 4 servers (this includes test), I could probably meet up with you sometime.
I speak realy lousy highschool german, so don't expect much lol. But if I'm lucky, I transfered some cash over there...

What is your characters name?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!