whats up with FC accounts ??

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

whats up with FC accounts ??

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:21 am

earlier to day I decided to do the happy birthday upgrade with a older account and subscribe again, and I also upgraded a froob account to a Shadowlands account. The happy birthday upgrade came up failed, but the froob to SL was success and activated to a Notum War and Shadowland account. 10-15 minutes later I decided to log into my newly upgraded SL account to get a Error account has been frozen . .HUH???!!??
So I log in to funcom account, and sure enough, I now have a frozen upgraded account, and the transaction had failed . .HUH??!!?? . . it did not fail earlier.
I mean if it failed to accept card, then I should still have a free account. so email was sent.

In the mean time I logged into another froob account to get some AO time in. a fter a while I was dealing with some latency,it was getting me killed (I am on a Sat connection so that can be common during primetime) so I log off ad see what if any reply, nothing yet, so I thought well lets see what all the talk is on the official forums . . what the ?? .. I can not even log in there either, it too has been frozen.
I send another email, and get the auto reply . . I look at solution they have, but they were all related to AoC .. so I reply and pretty much wrote what I started here. a few moments later I get a reply back from a GM . . saying they can not find my account and that I need to contact accountsATanarchyonline . . so I just do a copy and paste and send to that address .. moments later I get a reply, yup .. a auto response, with some directions where to look for solutions if I am having problems with AoC, then further down for AO. and if I am having billing [problems to contact accounts AT anarchy-online so I am like okay . . only difference is the (-) between Anarchy and Online, so maybe they do have a different addy. and moments later I get a reply, the exact same as the last.

Is there another email addy, or is accounts for anarchy online just hosed up and no one there anymore?

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Re: whats up with FC accounts ??

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:33 am

xaatxuun wrote:Is there another email addy, or is accounts for anarchy online just hosed up and no one there anymore?
FC operates their emails on the principle of black hole. Mails get suck in and nothing gets back out. Accounts@, support@, exploit@, they are all the same. Consider yourself lucky, most of the times players don't even get auto response. However, since this is account issue and FC is runing game for cash, it will be read and dealt with.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:23 pm

yeah, I found out that they are all the same.

Still have not yet heard back from them.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you still require further assistance, please follow one of the above mentioned contact methods and we will assist you as quickly as possible.
any idea what their time frame is for " we will assist you as quickly as possible" ?

Since my first email went to accounts@AgeofConan . . they replied within 5 (FIVE) minutes, Not a auto response, but from a GM.

I am not happy, and getting tired of the "Thank you for contacting FunCom customer support"
I hope they would realize I am not contacting them just to receive a thank you for contacting them, and that I am contacting them to resolve a problem. Even if I contact them with the same ticket #, they generate a new # and thank me for contacting them. It is Obvious no one is working at Anarchy Online support or accounts .

I wonder if I should email support@@AgeofConan for some assistance ?

playboyfixer

Post by playboyfixer » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:31 pm

for AO help? :p ur email might get on a banlist ;) i'd say just tell them to shove it somwhere dark, and go to a better run game :p

Eculypta

Post by Eculypta » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:41 pm

heh its worth a shot. i needed my account forum name changed, the normal ao account pages dont seem to react what ever you try, if you login the account pages of AOC however its nice and neatly dealth with in 30 minutes.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:41 pm

Greetings Xaatxuun,

I am sorry you are having difficulties reaching Anarchy Online Support regarding your payment issue.

As you stated you paid with a card, it may be worth checking with your bank or card provider whether there were any issues at their end that you can resolve yourself.

Unfortunately, as AO Universe are not in any way part of Funcom, we cannot help you further than Trgeorge already has by confirming that the email address you have contacted was correct and providing you with some alternatives.

We hope you get your issue solved as quickly as possible.
With best wishes,

Katelin