hi

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Agito

hi

Post by Agito » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:19 am

I'm new to this game and I'm wondering how this game is, I'm interested in playing cuz its a sci-fi mmorpg and it looks good to play and has some interesting character races and classes, but what i want to no is what game play is like, is it funn is the pvp good and whats the pve like , and how hard is it to get higher lvls like 150 or higher?

thanks for the info

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:55 am

Hi and welcome
You know that asking those questions here will gve you bias answers, right?
But to try to answer them to you in most realistic way:
Game is challeging to say the least. While it carters to different aspects players are after (PvE, PvP, social, RP, etc..), you'll have to learn a bit in order to be good. Stuff won't be simply handed to you, you'll have to work on it.

But with that said, game can be imense fun as well as frustrating at times. Professions aren't balanced and don't progress linearly in power. This means at with certain profession you can be "a god" at certain level and then gimp couple of levels later. But the more you know about game and more time you invest in your character, the better you'll be.

Most new players take it easy at start. They use easy to obtain gear, that might not give optimum mods, but are cheap or not too time consumin to get. Later on, with alts, they can afford to experiment with gear and can create combinations that while not a cookie-cutters, truelly exceed at their field of interest.

Leveling can be quite fast if you know what you're doing, so it's not unheard of that chars get to level 150 in couple of days. But those are alts of players that know what they are doing and can offer themself a support needed for such a pace. While a new player can get to same level in about 3 weeks, he'll probably won't be well equiped and a bit too ignorant about his surrondings (what he can get from team or what he can offer, where to get equipment, where to level, etc..). So most new players take it more slowly, maybe experiment with different professions, etc.

I think best advice is to play as froob (at least at start, to get familiar with game, expansions give you more optins and more powerfull gear) and get in organization to get support as well as advice (beside it's MMO, it's nice to have other peeps around).
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians