Best melee dps profession

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

JRR

Best melee dps profession

Post by JRR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:29 pm

Which profession does the best melee damage, yet still retains some ability to heal?

Thanks.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:12 pm

Hmm im not sure what you mean about some ability to heal? I mean everyone has access to first aid kits and such.

Not sure what its like these days but shades used to deal some of the best melee damage, and can get some health drain perks and such.

Probably completely changed now mind

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:00 pm

I can never remember which is which...

Is melee hand to hand or with a hand close quaters weapon?

If it's hand to hand then it's probably going to be the MA, even twinked for damage they still keep decent healing capabilities...

If it's close quaters weapons then it's probably the Advy... Complete Heal is the same as the Docs CH but unfortunately takes longer to cast & recharge.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:49 pm

melee just means not ranged.

Tbh non of the melee classes lacks healing, although some do get considerably more then others.

gnarwal

Post by gnarwal » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Martial Artists have extremely high damage output with some healing.

DPS isn't an exact science, but a well-equipped MA can outdamage just about anyone except a shade, but shades have no healing at all (except first aid stims and treatment kits) and go "splat" easily so I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:45 pm

shades have heals from perk drains and dimach

Keepers decent damage, heal aura's

Enforcers good damage with a decent set up, but limited to Mongo for heal beyond stims etc

MA's have ok damage and heal nano's aswell as some MA attacks that heal

leolandor

MA

Post by leolandor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:15 am

If you ask me..Ill go with MA....Deal damage and can heal pretty good... Team and self!!! :lol:

Tenrilid

Post by Tenrilid » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:18 pm

d00d, noone has mentioned the ADV. great melee dmg dealers and good healers. Atrox Melee advs are best option for melee adv. Nano skills may be a bit tough at first but w/ a good imp set up, all it taken care of. Also, adv can use the chiroptera/crispy chiropteras which are great weapons for PvE and PvP. Don't forget you get to use the bracer of recondite flames (+23 fire dmg and sets your dmg type to fire). And, they get good buffs too. MAs are awsome as well at both melee and healing. Just really comes down to personal preference. BTW, Opifex make some of the best MAs since they will have better evades than other breeds

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 am

We dont talk about... Adventurers...

darn love childs ><