Kicked about every 30 minutes

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

csblackhawk

Kicked about every 30 minutes

Post by csblackhawk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:31 am

I get kicked about every 30 minutes or so. Sometimes the PC gives a blue error screen and reboots or sometimes I just get zapped to my desktop (with the screen messed due to game resolution).

Any Ideas?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:34 am

What error are you getting on your "Blue Screen of Death"? Doesnt sound much like a game/funcom side error from your description.

csblackhawk

Post by csblackhawk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:38 am

lol sorry you are answering all my questions. . .it only appears for like 5 seconds b4 rebooting. . . I'll try to remember it next time.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:50 am

I dont mind, hopefully I am giving you reasonable information.

The only reason I ask about the error code is then you should be able to figure out why your computer is doing what its doing.

Shabbadoo

Post by Shabbadoo » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:56 pm

For Win XP right click My Computer and select properties, at System Properties select Startup and Recovery, settings.

Then untick "Automatically restart" The blue screen will then stay on letting you take note of the error etc

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:47 am

I had (yes had) same problem but for me it was 1-2 minutes, took me over a week to get it figured out.
For me it could have been one of 3 things.

First I found I had a virus, once I was able to remove that, the problem stopped, for a week, then came back and doing the same thing again, I went and got another virus checker, and found there were folders that were supposed to have been removed/deleted, but were not, They were of other mmo games that sucked, more kiddy like, not my kinda game.
that was 2 of the things I did, the third, was also my first, but had malware at that time, it was my rendering Device, prior to what ever one I chose, never the fix, but after removal I tried those settings again, this time success.

1.check for virus/malware
2. try the different rendering settings in "Settings" on the login screen

Not sure that will fix your problem, but it did for mine.

Good luck .. took me 10 days of having drawbacks /shakes / sweat to get my AO flowing through my blood stream again :wink: