ouch . . the cost to makeing Broto hide armor

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

ouch . . the cost to makeing Broto hide armor

Post by xaatxuun » Sun May 25, 2008 3:37 pm

I get these hides all the time in chest , it just so happens I was playing my tradeskills trader I am building on, thought "hey, lets make the armor" so I checked recipebot for the recipe, and daaaaaang . .. what's the point in making this stuff, there is better armor to make and cheaper too.

the only real spendy part is getting the mass relocator made, and then you need to get a high QL one , or your just going to keep doing team missions just to make it. The cost for the mass relocator bot is just too high

I was thinking I could save some creds and just make brotohide armor, instead of carbonium, but that first set of Brotohide armor would cost me more then , what 5 complete sets of carb armor of the same QL (QL30ish).

I do not remember it costing so much 4 years ago to make broto Hide Armor, I wonder what am I doing that could be different, or did something get changed??

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Sun May 25, 2008 7:04 pm

from Anarchy Arcanum:

The Mass Relocation Robot is easy to get, just hit a regular store and look for a booth called "General Tools and Bases". There are several types, but the only thing different is the Quality level - Regular, Advanced and High Quality (HQ)

Be wary of the quality level of the Mass Relocation Robot (MRR), as the finished product will decide how high quality armor you can make with it. Generally, you'll want a MRR of quality 40 or higher or you won't be able to make q200 armor.

So... once you have the PPPE to make the MRR into MRR (Shape Soft Armor) of ql 40+... you can make up to ql 200 armor....

edit: PPPE =
Combining these two components is the easy part. Finding them is harder. The programmed photon particle emitter is of quality level 60 and drops very seldom as random loot in missions. The best way to actually procure one is from boss-loot via team-missions. The team-mission needs to be of level 57-60, as the Boss is always a few levels above. A good tip would be to have a level 76 character roll up 20% difficulty missions for an exact match.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Sun May 25, 2008 11:07 pm

The Mass Relocating Robot (Shape Soft Armor) is reusable and is used in much more than just Bronto Hide armor. I usually get tips of 1 to 10 million to tradeskill Living Dragonflesh armor with that tool.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon May 26, 2008 3:50 am

That's what I mean about that making that first set of armor is expensive, after combining the items , you have a tool that can be used over and over.

One thing I am forgetting, is before, I had the expansions (for the time period I was playing) I was higher level before getting into tradeskills.
Now only playing on a free account it just feels like I am unable to do anything, so maybe nothing has changed but me.

Before I forget thanks for letting me know to get a QL40 or higher. I recalled I needed a higher level one just not how high of QL it needed to a least be at.