Notum chip/fragment farming

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Thunderwear

Notum chip/fragment farming

Post by Thunderwear » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:10 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone has found that this stuff drops more frequently off certain mobs or missions, etc.

I'm having a extremely hard time getting any of it to drop and I've done a lot of missions.

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:21 pm

It is extremely random.... although I do find (personal observation) that I find more of them in missions with Mantis.... soooooo you might try hunting mantis in various zones for some.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Thunderwear

Post by Thunderwear » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:53 pm

Dunno if I can find some level 50ish mantis, that's the QL I'm looking for atm but I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:37 am

Wierd, I seem to find chips & fragments all over the place, I just usualy cut them & dump them in the terminals...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:01 am

Notum Fragments and Chips drop off the "Gem" loot table, so any creature that can drop jewels and gems can also drop Notum. These tend not to be humanoids, but rather organic mobs found in the wild (same ones that also drop monster parts). They are also found in mission chests/barrels.

When I'm farming sub-QL 100 Notum, I tend to go to Foreman's Sewers and kill the Floaters/Bloaters there.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Thunderwear

Post by Thunderwear » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:48 am

I don't recall the Foreman's Sewers, could you tell me where that is at?

Also what level mobs to expect there.

Thanks.

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:48 am

Thunderwear wrote:I don't recall the Foreman's Sewers, could you tell me where that is at?

Also what level mobs to expect there.

Thanks.
http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=0&id=269
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Thunderwear

Post by Thunderwear » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:49 am

You know, I had thought about Biomare as that was the only place I knew of that had a 'Forman' in the name but I never heard it called sewers before.

Thanks again.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:47 am

The dungeon as such isn't called sewers, but Biomare/Foremans does have a sewage processing facility in it that can be explored.