Org Roster?!?!?!?!?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

ThePartaker

Org Roster?!?!?!?!?

Post by ThePartaker » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:03 am

Hey all, I'm currently building the website for my org, Entropy (on RK1), and I'm trying to find an easy way to put a roster on the site.

Basically what i want to do is to have something that I can just build the page and insert some code that allows the org roster to automatically update when we get new members. I'm not sure exactly how to do this with AO, as I'm not very familiar with the way it is setup, but I am sure it is possible, because I've seen the VhaBot site do it, and the main AO site.

So if someone could help me with that, or atleast point me in the right direction, I would be much obliged.. :D

Andrew

All The Matter In The Universe Evolves Into One State of Uniformity: Entropy.

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:29 am

All you have to do to see org rosters is to search for the org using the People of Rubi-Ka link on the official site. This is done automatically by Funcom. For the Entropy Roster page, visit this link:
http://people.anarchy-online.com/org/st ... e/10311683

For the XML version:
http://people.anarchy-online.com/org/st ... cstats.xml

It also exists as a copy at auno.org.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

ThePartaker

Post by ThePartaker » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks.

But see what i was wanting to do was to embed it INTO our site, instead of having to externally link to the AO site, or auno or something...

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:47 pm

Well, use the second link (the XML-file) and read that one out with a script.

ThePartaker

Post by ThePartaker » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:21 pm

ok...thanks :)