Already Logged On - Error

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

KGrob

Already Logged On - Error

Post by KGrob » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:02 pm

Last night, I purchased three new subscriptions for "Shadowlands" so that I can play the game with my family...we like to play online games together.

I signed on, and everything worked fine for about 30 minutes or so...but then everything crashed and I couldn't get back on until today.

Well...I can sign back on with two of the accounts just fine...but the third will not allow me to sign in.

I get a message that states my character is already logged in.

I can sign into a different server with that account though...and create a new character. But I cannot sign into my original server.

I tried to "/petition" in game and they responded fairly soon but they said that they couldn't help with "account" issues and that I would need to contact account information by email. I sent and email over to accounts but I noticed that they weren't available on weekends...they are only available during the day on week days. Bummer.

Anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this issue?

ISAWHIM

Post by ISAWHIM » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:06 am

It is a server-side error. The database/computer sees you as logged-in, possibly due to an interrupted log-out session.

You will have to wait for one of two things...

The host has to physically reset your status, or you have to wait for a system-wide log-out, and HOPE that they have programmed a clean-up code that resets anyone who seems "Stuck" online. (It would be natural to assume that they have that code in place, as some connections "Seem" to still be connected, or actually are, due to stubborn sign-off issues. That should reset your log-in status, which should let you log-in as normal.)

Eg, If the system thinks you are logged-in, and you actually DID log-in at a new location, that would cause a major issue with the game. (Everyone should see you at the location that you attempted to log-out at. It is still drawing your player, siting, or standing, or whatever, at that location. Hehe, you should be able to see yourself, if you remember where you were last time. PK yourself, if your not indestructible. When you die, you will not be able to respawn, obviously, because your computer is not actually logged-in to confirm the respawn location.)

I had a similar problem, when I logged-out while inside a "Mission - Room", after the mission was complete, but I didn't have time to exit, and return to an outside location to log-out. Eventually, it did return me outside the mission location. (The log-out location said, "UNKNOWN <3843847834>", as my location. As opposed to saying, "Bliss", or "Balmore"... etc...)

If you continue to get, "User logged-in" warnings... Have them investigate the issue. There might be some-one logged-in on your account! (Not an unrealistic possibility. They need a "Boot-Logged-In-User" option. One that could be used once per day, and only after providing a "Unique", answer that only you would know. So if it is a thief that stole your account info, he could not boot you off, but you could boot him, and that "Booting" would alert them, to alert you, to change your login info, as some-one was on your account, possibly.)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:08 am

If you can remember each name on that account exactly, log in with one of the other accounts & type /tell helpbot !is <name here> that will tell you if that character is logged in or not...
This can be used as extra info for FC to help you...
It can also give an indication of whether your account has been hacked.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!