Geetings from a froob

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:09 pm

It's been a while since I did that quest, so I can't remember if there's any timer on it. If it is, that might be explanation. Check your mission windw if you still have this quest. If you don't have it, you can probably pick it up again from Good Time Party-Fixer. If not, you didn't miss much. All you get for final reward is Leet Doll....it's one of social items and you can always buy it for 100-200 credits from Toys and Curiosities Shop Terminals, located in Advanced Special Shops (same building that sells vehicles)
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

MickR

Post by MickR » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:18 pm

There must've ben a timer. Never mind i did it agian anywayz

I need your help again though. With regards to death! My group are having a bit of a dilemma trying to decide what is right with this.

Do you permanently lose IP points when you die, if you dont use insurance? We know the lost exp goes into a "pool" and is re-earned. However we are not sure about IP points.

Can someone help?

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:04 pm

You gain IP with each level. As such, since you can't de-level, you can't loose IP in any way. Regardless if you already invested it in some skill or you have it free to spend.

What's more, at each new title, you get IP reset points. This means you can correct mistakes you did, assigning IP to wrong skills. But this option is a bit bourdenstone (first you need de-equip everything) and with IP gaining mechanics (more IP each title), I wouldn't try it before tlt 5 at least (IP gained and thus invested till then is minute in comparisment to all IP you can gain). And remember, IP invested into Map Navigation can't ever be reseted, so try to upload Maps while you implant Mav Navigation etc (so you spend as little IP in this skill as possible).

MickR

Post by MickR » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:06 pm

So, I'm right in saying that when you die you lose NO IP points at all. Just exp??

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:24 pm

yes

MickR

Post by MickR » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:44 pm

hmmmmm...

the reason im asking is because I have a friend who died and said his pistol skill went down from 100+ to 90 something. Not sure why that happened?

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:12 pm

Several reasons:
- ressurection shock (After lvl 15 your stats will lower temporarly, regardless if you're insured or not. Give it some time and they'll return to normal values)
- loss of buffs upon dying
- OE of equipent upon dying (because of first reason, it will return to normal as well)
- bug (normal values will return after full rezz and zoning/relogging to desktop or you'll "lose" a point or two in specific skill, but will reagin that point or two back in IP)
Last reason might be a bug where you lose skill, but don't regain IP. But that's extremely rare and even harder to prove. It might take several days to resolve if even possible (basicly ARK/GM need to trace each and every IP point gained&invested), and with the amount of IP points in question (usually below 100), it's more time consuming than it's worth.

MickR

Post by MickR » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:30 pm

Another question

Regarding the Living Cyber Armour and the Subway:

Can someone please confirm who drops these? I've seen conflicting reports saying Euminedes or whoever, is the only mob to drop them. I have also seen reports saying that ANY humanoid mob past the spiral staircase can drop them?

Can someone please look into this?

Thank you :)

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:07 am

MickR wrote:Another question

Regarding the Living Cyber Armour and the Subway:

Can someone please confirm who drops these? I've seen conflicting reports saying Euminedes or whoever, is the only mob to drop them. I have also seen reports saying that ANY humanoid mob past the spiral staircase can drop them?

Can someone please look into this?

Thank you :)
Any humanoid mob past the spiral staircase drops Living Cyber Armor. Note that only certain parts will drop in the Subway, however. The sleeves do NOT exist in any form in the game, currently, and the Body can only be received from a quest:
http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=0&id=243

I believe you can find the Gloves, Boots, and Pants in the Subway, but it's been a while since I've hunted for them (since it isn't great armor, even when leveled).
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

MickR

Post by MickR » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Thanks for that Hahnsoo.

I've since found the helmet drops in the subway, as well as the gloves, and pants. Although I have not seen the boots as yet.

If the armour is not that good, even when levelled. Is there any other type of armour that a lvl 24 froob should look to aquire?

thanks again

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Carbonum armor is a popular choice. Or if sta/agi req doesn't suit you, you can try Apocalypse (sense/agi) or CAS (sta/str). All are tradeskilled, but you can always just hire someone to build them for you (check tradeskill section to see what parts you'd need).

Another option would be one of Miy armor sets, they drop from various monster type mobs like aquarians, cyborgs, mantis, etc...they are found inside missions as well as in camps all over RK (head to Aofroobs.com for locations of outdoor camps).

And there will always be players that swear by using Omni-Med armor, simply because it allows them to use that much higher nano and health stims.

Edit: I'd go for Carbonum or Omni-Med, since they are easiest and fastest to get. But since new players usually need more time to level (still learning about game, experimenting, exploring, etc..) you might at least consider otehr options. If nothing else, you can learn about values of certain tradeskill components and/or where to get specific drops.

MickR

Post by MickR » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:57 am

Thank you Trgeorge.

I shall now begin my search for carbonum armour :) lol

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:13 pm

MickR

Post by MickR » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Thannk you to blizzard also :)

Very handy guide there.

Question is: Should I build the armour myself with my trader (once i get enough skills and money) or hire an engi to do it for me :)

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:46 pm

It is always nice to feel the satisfaction of really doing something for yourself, but you may find that the skills you have are not going to produce the optimum armour for you.