Questions : Personal and Global Research.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Ozzie585

Questions : Personal and Global Research.

Post by Ozzie585 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:37 pm

First , thanks for all the help so far. My wife and I have been back playing AO for 3 weeks. Her 144 meta-physicist is now 154, my 145 engineer is 166 and it's been alot of fun. This site and the regular forum posters have truly helped.

So there is a new tab ... character>research. There are many catagories of 'personal' research. You click one, choose a percentage of XP to redirect and they start completing while boosting points and giving new perk like buttons.

Can you research ALL the lines to their conclusions given enough time and effort? There are some really nice points to be had in there.

There is also a slider to redirect XP to 'global' research. This doesn't appear to give you any benefit outside of a vague mention of 'allowing me to use an attunement device' once it's completed. Could someone fill in the concepts on that for me please?

thanks for any reply,
Ozzie

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:09 pm

These are additions that came with Lost Eden. A basic overview is here:
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=473750

You can research each Personal Research line to completion. Each research line has 10 units to complete, and the ability to complete each unit in progression is level-locked. Dumping a lot of XP into research greatly slows down your ability to level up, but it also gives you a lot of great bonuses (and possibly new perk-like abilities that activate at random times).

Global Research are overall goals for each faction to complete, for things like Mechs and Turrets. They take a lot more XP and a lot longer for completion. However, all of the previous Global Research has been completed, although a recent patch had new Global Research items linked to HUD items. Being a froob, I have no idea if those lines have been completed. It appears from your post that it has not been completed yet. You can buy these HUD items at the Tower Shops (Lost Eden booths are in the Tower Shops) for a small amount of Victory Points. Don't have Victory Points? Participate in Battlestations or run Lost Eden missions.

Another good research post:
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=507198
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:41 am

The new global research is being worked on and currently a fair few level 1's have been completed, these are more useful global researches allowing you to use the twinking HUD items (although some are nice to wear, but at the cost of your scope)