Storyline:

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Scarwound5

Storyline:

Post by Scarwound5 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:08 pm

I have some storyline questions.

1. What happened to the crew of behmeth.

2.Why did David Marlin leave earth for space

3.Who's the real evil?(Clan or Omnis)

4.What happerened to the crew of rimor.

5.Philip ross will take no part in the storyline any more. Zora is new CEO but is Phil dead?

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:49 pm

Dunno about the rest.

3) Omni-Tek is full of corporate Big Brother scum. Clan is full of terrorists. Neutrals have their own militant actions. No side is without blame in this war. There is no real "good" or "evil" in this game, only shades of gray (at least, on Rubi-Ka... in SL, things are a bit different). There is no "real evil".

5) Phillip Ross is in a perpetual coma, from the looks of things. Nothing official has been said aside from that.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:54 pm

perputal coma=death

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:57 pm

Scarwound5 wrote:perputal coma=death
They may choose to "wake him up" at a later point. This also may just be Omni PR to prevent people from panicking (ever see the movie "Dave"?). It was never suggested whether or not this coma was permanent. Also, Ross could simply be hiding somewhere, giving out news feeds that he's in a coma, and running things from behind the scenes. There's no way for anyone to know, because this is made intentionally vague.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:29 pm

My theory:
Perhaps Zora's only a puppet to Ross. So mabye Ross died but his mind was transferred to a computer and he gives orders to Zora from there.

I also have this question.

In some Omni Tek abandoned bio domes there are aggresive "tree mutants" called Nokken. What are their purpouse before they went awry?

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:56 pm

Zora and Ross are so completly diffrent that I doubt that happend
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:09 pm

1: The Crew and cargo of the behemoth (the remaining crew and cargo after everything else was placed on RK for colonization) where lost in a wormhole no further information is known (check timeline December 09 28758 and onwards)

2: I believe David Marlin left earth to chase the omega, not much more is known about this to my knowledge

3: It depends on your definition of Evil, Omni-tek are certainly the most obvious bad guys if you read the story and such, having developed Atrox just as tools and leaving them to die and oppress all other people that dont have money, but then clans do alot of terrorist actions in "the name of freedom" and have there own sins to account for, neutrals are self centered and are the largest resource for immoral hired guns etc, so its really upto you who you see as the bad guys, but keep in mind that each individual in the faction have there own storys, just because there omni-tek doesnt mean there oppresive or such, just like not all clans are terrorists, some are peaceful hippies etc

4: The crew went to do some soil tests, found over 300 years later dead and mummified (most likely because of the conditions in the outzone) in the outzone, taken to Omni-1 for investigation, no more is known

5: Philip Ross was shot and is currently in a coma, after a prolonged period of no change a new CEO was sent to replace him (Zora) while Phil in his comatose state is shipped of to his Home planet, whether he will return or not is unknown. Of course theres hundreds of conspiracy theories but they are just theories

Jozef

Post by Jozef » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:48 pm

The third question is indeed very difficult to answer. I'd also like to point out that OT did nothing illegal, unless the ICC retroactivelly changed the rules. Of course, it doesn't mean that OT's actions were moral, but at least they were always predictable. The Clans, on the other hand, often had the moral right on their side, but not the law. One may argue that breaking the rules is bad enough and thus the Clans are the more evil side, but that depend on subjective opinions.

That's the beauty of the game - we can all draw our own conclusions :)
Hiding behind a beach towel so all anyone remembers about him is a bunch of orange stripes.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:09 am

Omntek has also made a couple of super mutants called nokken in biodomes.

What are their purporse?

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:37 pm

Yep I mean it What are they for?

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:32 pm

*shrugs* Who knows? All that the Biodomes have inside them are a big tree boss named Urquart the Absorber. I don't see any references to Nokken in-game.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:35 pm

My theory:

The tree mutants are created by OT as weapons aginst the clanners. However thay went awry before they were able to be used.

There just like the WEAPON bosses from final fantasy as that are biomenchal and look like a crossbreed bewteen serveal creatures. A reason to back my opnion up is that it is the argubly the hardest froob boss in AO(Just like what the weapons are in FF).
Last edited by Scarwound5 on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:44 pm

Of course there can't be Omega without Ultima-lots of Ultimas.

The ultimas weapons in this game are also nokken. About level 120-140. Since the OT experments on Nokken were cancelled a long time ago their ultra rare.

They live in:Plesant medows, Street river and Artery Valley.

Like their FF counterparts they are slow moving and powerful(they also agroo). They do not have a very fast attack, as compared to more mobile, animalian predators. They are, however, more likely than some large animalian predators to be found in social groups, and to attack in such groups in constract to them in FF where they are single boss.

I think that Urquart the Absorber created the other Nokken just like in FFX Ultima was created by Omega. So it is the prime of the nokken and the only one made by OT as they(Omni-Tek) made all the mutants.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:50 pm

Why can't Omni-Tek make super creatures (Nokken and Baratons) without haveing them going arwy.