patching problems

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

soulcoke

patching problems

Post by soulcoke » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:10 am

hey dudes i downloaded AO a few days ago and i when i tried to
patch it.. it says this

"Could not find the requested patch on any of the specified patch servers"
"Please try again later"

i've been trying to patch for a few days now and its always like that

i've also read the topic in the tech support forum of the official AO and
it told me to do something which i did it and it was still the same.

whats happennnin here/???

help pleeease !
Cant go into the game T_T

Hahnsoo

Re: patching problems

Post by Hahnsoo » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:23 am

soulcoke wrote:hey dudes i downloaded AO a few days ago and i when i tried to
patch it.. it says this

"Could not find the requested patch on any of the specified patch servers"
"Please try again later"

i've been trying to patch for a few days now and its always like that

i've also read the topic in the tech support forum of the official AO and
it told me to do something which i did it and it was still the same.

whats happennnin here/???

help pleeease !
The full list of manual patches can be found here:
ftp://ftp.funcom.com/cd/patches

Figure out which patch you have currently, and run the manual patch that takes you to the next higher version. You should be able to automatically update from there.

EDIT: You can find out your current version by going into your Anarchy Online directory and looking at the version.id file in Notepad.

There are two patches in the FTP directory, one for the large client (EP1) and one for the small client (no EP1 extension). Pick the one appropriate for you (likely to be the small client).
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

soulcoke

Post by soulcoke » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:02 am

nup .... didn't work ><

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:48 pm

What version does it say you are at?

soulcoke

Post by soulcoke » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:45 pm

15.7.3 and i downloaded that patch and when it started patching it still
said the same thing.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:22 pm

Did you install from a disc? Its just that the AO Download page is showing a free and full game client version of 17.1.1 - if you are prepared to try downloading again and running with this version it might help you out somewhat if you are really still having struggles.

AO Game Client Download Page

Obviously, even from downloading that you will have to continue with further patches to the most recent. I just wondered if your original install was where the issue was occuring.

Second point is that the download you try from the site, as Hahnsoo stated, must match the type of client you have (i.e. free or full)

If you are still getting errors, please confirm what the error is incase someone else is reading this and has had the same problem - I am certain somehow you will get things all sorted out :)

soulcoke

Post by soulcoke » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:33 am

Arrgghhh download 800mb again?!?! im not up for that...

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:45 am

soulcoke wrote:15.7.3 and i downloaded that patch and when it started patching it still
said the same thing.
15.7.3 is an ancient version of Anarchy Online. If you had downloaded it from the official torrent, then you would have started at 17.1.1. Even the links for the mirrors all show versions at least 16.0 or higher (and some of those links are fairly old). Patching from 15.7.3 would probably take a similar amount of time, if not longer, as a lot of content has been added since 3 years ago (which is when 15.7.3 was around). I would strongly suggest re-downloading the small client through the official torrent, rather than a 3rd party or other site.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton

DineahRyx

Post by DineahRyx » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:56 am

This, actually, is happening to me too. I started with the official 17.1.1, and then it patched up to 17.3.0 and won't budge, If I try to download the files manually, the one I think I should do first(AOPatch_v17.0.3-v17.0.4.exe), when started, takes me to the patcher and then gives me the same error. Any ideas?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:27 am

If you downloaded the 17.1.1, were you then able to open up the launcher and it then tell you that you need to patch more?

Please tell us what error you are receiving.

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:38 am

You need to start with patch AOPatch_v17.3.0-v17.3.1.exe, not the one you listed.

Also, the patcher has problems serially patching the game (for some reason, it likes to conk out when dealing with more than one patch at a time). If you close the patcher after every patch, you should be able to successfully patch each step. If not, manually download the patches (and the correct ones! :D).

DineahRyx

Post by DineahRyx » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:52 am

I did, actually, get past it by clicking the one Hahn mentioned. Sorry about that! All the ones with EP in the filename, also, didn't work for me if that helps at all.

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:57 am

DineahRyx wrote:I did, actually, get past it by clicking the one Hahn mentioned. Sorry about that! All the ones with EP in the filename, also, didn't work for me if that helps at all.
EP1 is for the large client (with all expansions), not the froob client. That's probably why they didn't work. :D Glad to hear that it worked out.