MP Pet macro Questions

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Ozzie585

MP Pet macro Questions

Post by Ozzie585 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:10 am

Hi,

I'm trying to set up macro commands for the 3 pets. Once the pets are renamed to single word names, commands seem to be able to be issued to them without having them targeted.

/pet rename Heel
/pet Heel Heal will heal whatever I have targeted.

likewise

/pet rename Mezz
/pet Mezz attack results in the pet mezzing whatever I have targeted

but when I try

/pet Metaphysical Demon Rename Attackpet
/pet Attackpet attack

the rename won't work. I can only get rename to work with the specific pet targeted. I can't specify which pet of the 3 during rename. Is this a limitation of the command 'rename' or am I missing a trick?

Thanks
Oz

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:28 am

Did you try putting Metaphysical Demon in quotes? Like /pet "Metaphysical Demon" rename Sparky
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:45 am

Thanks Hahnsoo, that was exactly what to do. It worked perfectly with no targeting required.

/pet "Metaphysical demon" rename Attackpet

btw, thanks for linking that guide of yours. It is excellent : easy to understand, formatted so that it reads easy and comprehensive in it's detail. I was an hour into it before I realized the time had passed. My wife and I are recently returned to the game, trying to re-figure out our 150 engineer and MP and that guide is going to help a ton.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:04 pm

You do realise that you can select the different pets with the keyboard don't you? Same as your teammates, controls are: Shift+F1, Shift+F2, Shift+F3...

Any name can have a space in it, but if it does you need the quotes " " around the name...

ie. /pet rename /Rusty Git (repeat for other pets...)

Once you have this macro on one of your quick bars it's just a case of hitting Shift+F1 & then the hotkey...
This is how I do it with my Bots, & it means you don't have to create a new macro everytime you upgrade your pets...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:02 am

I figured there was a way to select the pets by keyboard heh, but my goal was to have ribbons configured so that they are executed sequentially with just the mouse, from left to right to perform the whole buff and summon.

Both of our characters are on their last Rubi-ka pet so until we explore the Shadowlands the buttons are unlikely to change, but I understand what you mean; the macros break every time the pet changes name doing it my way.

I didn't know the rule reagrding names , that opens new possibilities, thanks :-)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:18 pm

Problem is, I don't think there's a way to have a script activate the pet shell from your inventory once you've cast it...

If you figure out a way, let me know!!! :lol:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:43 am

Snakebite wrote:Problem is, I don't think there's a way to have a script activate the pet shell from your inventory once you've cast it...

If you figure out a way, let me know!!! :lol:
not without using a third party program and breaking the eula (i think) so yes unfortunatly bot users will have to put up with the 1 minor click