Question About the Nature of RP Events

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Thurman

Question About the Nature of RP Events

Post by Thurman » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:36 am

Looking at the description of events on my account page, it seems that most or all of these events are criminal or immoral in nature, should I choose to participate in them. Has there ever been an event that has been ultimately for good? If so, are such events common? Or, is the random nature of these events so strong that it is unpredictable? I'm very interested in participating in an RP event, but not if it will drag my character's good name through the mud.

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:57 am

Most of the events are random and you are very lucky if you find one, and most of them are pvp events so I never bother to go to them. A few, like speeches, are posted in the forums before they happen

Edit. This is the Ark events. Not the player events
Last edited by Gimpeline on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Virta

Post by Virta » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:35 am

I would not worry about the info on your account page as they are just examples. In any case, they cant make your character to operate 'illegally' if you do not want to play it like that. You decide how your character acts in different situations.

This information about event participation on account page relates only to Funcom and ARK events, where they can do some extra tricks, which are not available to normal players. Player driven events are different (good place to look for those is the calendar here, or The Buzz forum in ao official site.
The most important weapon of a police officer is his gun!