Posting for-sale items by players playing the free-version

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

OlowNon

Posting for-sale items by players playing the free-version

Post by OlowNon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:49 am

Thanks to Triskweline for helping me use the /tell helpbot. However, is there a good place to post for-sale items for a player like me who's playing the free-version of AO, and doesn't get access to the official Forums? Sadly, I had 2 Old English Trading Co. guns that I sold at the shop before I learned they were valuable. :(

My current partial for-sale list is:

general
QL 18 Basic Martial Artist Suit Boots
QL 19 Inferior Energized Armor Helmet
QL 24 Living Cyber Armor Helmet
QL 19 Worn Bau Cyber Body Armor

Engineer
QL 20 Construction Sleeves
QL 20 Construction Sleeves

This armamentarium made securable thanks to Helpbot

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:52 am

I personaly don't know of anywhere with a global market other than the official forums.
However, there is still the shopping channels ingame.

The OET int pistols are only worth decent cash at low lvls (they go down to lvl1...) & you can alctualy buy then realy cheap from the weapons terminals in any shop... they aren't always in, & the QLs vary, but everytime you pass just check the terminal... you will find some (you realy need a pair for yourself, invaluable!)

But, we don't have a trade forum because the official forums & the ingame shopping channels cover it realy well, just sit down sometime & advertise them on the shopping channel. Remember that players from all over the world play so you need to vary your 'selling time' to get as many ppl as possible.

Triskweline

Post by Triskweline » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:13 pm

I think as a free account player your best bet for making money is by selling junk to shops instead of players, for now.

I'd advise you to save all your monster parts, have a doc convert them to plasma, then have a trader sell them to the trader shop for you.

If that's too much trouble/socializing, for a first-time free account player I'd suggest you go ahead and spend the IP on pharmatech skill in order to convert your own monster parts, then sell them to a regular shop.

Some might say this is a waste of skill but starting out with nothing, you really need a money-making skill in order to get by.

The tool you need is called a bio-communicator and it's for sale in regular shops, in the tradeskill section.

Triskweline

Post by Triskweline » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:16 pm

Oh, another good way to make money on RK, I used to do this with my crat and NT way back in the day..

Is to calm the mobs in missions and loot all of the chests, and sell the loot to shops.

So a crat, NT or trader might be a good character for you to start up to make money with on RK.

OlowNon

pharmatech and first aid stims

Post by OlowNon » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:23 am

Triskweline/all,

How much pharmatech skill is needed to convert monster parts to plasma? Does a higher skill level generate higher-quality plasma? I have a bio-communicator already that I got from one of the newbie missions...

And how much more do you get selling plasma via a trader shop as opposed to a regular shop? I'm not opposed to socializing, I just don't want to be a pest to people (and I don't want to get ripped off).

Also, since I'm asking lots of newbie questions, can I increase the recharge-speed of my first aid stims by increasing skills? I find those the best way to heal during solo combat (the quick heal nano causes a long interruption), but maybe there's a better way?

Many, many thanks.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:42 pm

The higher the Pharmatech skill, the higher lvl monster parts you can convert (eventualy you will need to buy a higher lvl tool...).

BEWARE: Do not try to convert 'half digested' bits... They look just like monster parts (same picture) but if you manage to convert them it will destroy your tool in the process, always check all your parts first before converting them to make sure they are actualy 'monster parts'...!!!

Triskweline

Re: pharmatech and first aid stims

Post by Triskweline » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:19 pm

OlowNon wrote: Also, since I'm asking lots of newbie questions, can I increase the recharge-speed of my first aid stims by increasing skills? I find those the best way to heal during solo combat (the quick heal nano causes a long interruption), but maybe there's a better way?
More first aid skill only allows you to use higher QL stims; it will never lower the recycle time. The only way to do that is by buffing a stat called Skill Time Lock Modifier, but I don't think there are any items to modify that without having the SL expansion.

Quick heal, is that a doctor or adventurer nano? Either way, you'll eventually get much better heals that will beat your first aid no matter how high you raise it.

OlowNon

Pharmatech & Heals

Post by OlowNon » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:17 pm

Re: Pharmatech. Thanks Snakebite. One followup -- Does the Blood Plasma created have the same QL as the Monster Parts used?

Re: Heals. Thanks Triskweline. Quick Heal is an adventurer nano. I now have the skill to use better heals, but the casting time is so long (over 2.5 sec) that I haven't rushed to buy them for during-combat use. But I guess that's what I'll have to do if I can't modify the Skill Time Lock Modifier.

Thanks again to both of you for the continued help.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:15 am

A lvl1 Monster Part converts into a lvl1 Blood Plasma...
A lvl10 Monster Part converts into a lvl10 Blood Plasma...
A lvl100 Monster Part converts into a lvl100 Blood Plasma...
A lvl200 Monster Part converts into a lvl200 Blood Plasma...

However...

A lvl200+ Monster Part converts into a lvl200 Blood Plasma...

ie.

A lvl250 Monster Part converts into a lvl200 Blood Plasma...
A lvl300 Monster Part converts into a lvl200 Blood Plasma...
A lvl400 Monster Part converts into a lvl200 Blood Plasma...
A lvl500 Monster Part converts into a lvl200 Blood Plasma... (no, I don't believe it either but that's what lvl they go up to lol)

It's realy anoying that the Blood Plasma caps at lvl200 but, there it is.

My Doc can convert lvl300 Parts with no outside buffs easily & it does make good cash.
You could charge ppl to do it I suppose, but if I did, I'd probably go for a price of 2 plasmas / bag converted... (but it's horridly time consuming when you're doing like 10 bags (for someone else), I only do it for a couple of ppl (my friendly NT for one... :wink: :lol: )

edit/ oh, & for what it's worth... you couldn't convert a lvl500 Monster Part with a lvl200 tool (& I've never heard of them being any higher than 200... :? )

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:33 am

Tool can be ql 200 max, Monster parts ql 400 (at least according to db, haven't seen one higher than ql 300 myself).
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians