Carebot rk2: ideas

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Triskweline

Carebot rk2: ideas

Post by Triskweline » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:31 pm

This bot would be a multi-faction raidbot using the points and wishlist system of Atlantean's phatzbot.

I'm in the process of moving but should be able to provide hosting in a few weeks. Let's talk about rules etc and see if there's any interest.

The hard part is going to be getting hold of some cities/initial investors/admins for the AI raids.

I like everything about Atlantean phatzbot's ideals posted here but since rk2 is a bit different I guess we'd need to discuss what just can't work here.

The main issues I see with their rules are:
  • The wish list/no-selling rule; I have never heard of any rk2 bot that ever had this system. It's just not in our culture. I hope we can introduce it. =)
  • They don't seem to have any NW shutdown rules. That's an rk2 bot tradition I'd like to keep up so I'd hope we could have a rule that there'd be no bot raids during tl7 NW or Tara.
  • Multifactioned; there are no PvM raidbots on rk2 that welcome all sides, afaik. So it's possible some might complain if we make one.
We'd probably need to officially state we'd never go up against the sided bots for any reason, that means no Tara or Pande, but we could probaly take the leftover apf.

Anyway! Thoughts? Anyone interested in this?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:49 pm

This is, in of its self, a good idea from a RolePlaying point of view.
There will always be ppl from various factions that will cooperate for a mutual benefit.

I'd like to see this happen.

There are all sorts of things that can be raided like this without hitting the factioned stuff:
Aliens
APF
Dust Brigade
errr... & so on...

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:12 am

APF and Dusties are in a way factioned stuff...from RP point of view. Also Ljutor, Smug, Eel, Both Kealers, both Fridericsons, Biodomes, Foremans, Juggernauts,.....

On a bright side, you can hunt unique leets ;)

On topic:
Multi-faction bots are problematic becouse of targeting. Indeed most raid-bots insists on callers (/macro assist), but for instance at fast paced raid like apf, even callers can't tab.
Next problem is flags...one member comes to raid flaged, next moment everyone is flagged due to different AoE nanos. Sooner or later someone will nuke/root/blind someone and victim will take that personally.
Third problem is gaining and spending points. With different mobs droping only or mostly sided stuff, section of raid force can't bit on it. If there's raid-leader inclined towards specific mobs/loot or there are mostly one side requests, section of members will feel neglested or used.

Multi-faction raid bots can effectivly work if they are specialized...like Mercs, Pandemonium and similar. For such targets cooperation over competition is indeed good idea. But for general raiding, game mechanics itself and players feelings work against such idea.

Just my 2 cents, not saying it's a bad idea as such and looking forward to see what will come out of it. GL with your project.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Triskweline

Post by Triskweline » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:53 am

Thanks for the input.

About the multifaction aspect, it seems from their forum that phatzbot rk1 has no problem with it for their AI raids. It seems they have 1-team only raids and pet classes are only allowed in when that team happens to be sided. So no tab issues.

For doing other kinds of raids, I was hoping to let all factions in for a few reasons: during my play hours (US, EST GMT -5) there are very few high level players online of any side, so to do any real and regular raiding we'd need to band together.

We had an old bot on the clan side called raidnet a few years ago, that gave points for raiding uniques that could be used to for bidding at a later date. Yes, there were problems with people raiding mobs no one wanted just to farm points; a real human would have to keep an eye out to prevent such things.

The idea is more about creating a PvM raiding community for something to do when things get really boring.. and to me boring means that I know just about everyone and their alts on the clan side and wouldn't mind getting to know some omnis/neuts outside of a PvP setting.

PvP on rimor has turned into a real hatefest. Back in the day omni and clan used to raid pande together as friends then jump off and shoot at each other in NW. This added to the fun for me and I hope if we can do some PvM together again maybe some of the nastiness in PvP these days will go away. :)

tentonhammer

Post by tentonhammer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:22 pm

Good idea, I like point bots. It's how I got most of my stuff back in the day :)

So you got my support.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:21 pm

Triskweline...consider AOU your home, we'll host your bot's forum...actually we can make it today if you want, so you can start the discussion on how to run/implement it on RK2.

Let me know asap.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Triskweline

Post by Triskweline » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:16 pm

Great, thanks Windguaerd.

It will be a while before this is ready to launch though.. I still need to get hold of a city or two and secure some hosting, which aren't simple tasks, so a forum would be a bit premature atm :)

Frieloc

Post by Frieloc » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:41 pm

The whole flagged PvP issue is simple I think. My org has an easy rule:

If you are PvP flagged don't come. Period.

Flags screw things up and make things more of a hassle. We dont let anyone be in the city (or wherever we are for raids) until they are unflagged. For the bot I think it owould be easy to do this, its not hard to see people flagged or not. Just dont allow them to join raid for points either, since they would be leeching until the flag runs out
Imatroxdoc, 188/12 Atrox Doctor, Omni, Squad Commander of Band of Little Brothers
Ruffixx, 136/13 Opifex Fixer, Omni, Unit Member of Obsidian Order

Former account open for now:
Imadoctor, 208/11 Solitus Doctor
Frieloc, 205/8 Soltius Adventurer

All Altantean.

Vampieres
Guest of Honor

Post by Vampieres » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:52 am

Triskweline, If you need help with this, just let me know, we now have 160 members on Phatzbot, 50/50 Omni Clan, both cities are clan atm, and if u need some support on what your doing im sure i can start an RK2 toon and get him/her upto 200+ in 2-3 weeks. and as for finding cities, I have already had offers on RK2, there are always Nice people willing to help out the game, the main thing you have to watch is not the Sided nor Flagged problem, it is the GREED issues, and you dont want to just stack your raidbot up with guys that are 220, you want 75% or more 205-215 players, those who actually need your help.

And running a Raidbot is not Easy, it is very stressfull sometimes, and don't be affraid to Ban players from the bot, as i said,your not gonna be doin this for Greedy...Mouthy, Ignorant players, and choose your Admins very closely.

I'm not gonna mention names, but we had 1 Admin who was brought in and trusted with control of our cities, his so called friends tried to talk him into Deleting our HQ's, Jelous people will always be a problem, you will make some pretty nasty enimies in making this bot, but you will also make some really good friends. Just remember, this is just a game, your doing this for the greater good of the game, and dont let the retards of the game hold you back, if they dont like what your doing tell them to f&^* off and leave u alone.....

GL and if u need ne help i am here....
Main: Vampieres lvl 216 AI 18 Superadmin of Phatzbot (TL7 AI Raidbot, rps) Free AI Loot Givers!

Many thanks to Luis "Windguaerd" Odicio For Creating his Dream.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:59 am

Vampieres wrote:... his so called friends tried to talk him into Deleting our HQ's ....
Man, it's amazing what some ppl will do... :cry:

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:41 am

Vampieres is THE MAN when it comes to running a bot, trust his advice.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Triskweline

Post by Triskweline » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:16 pm

Vampieres wrote:Triskweline, If you need help with this, just let me know, we now have 160 members on Phatzbot, 50/50 Omni Clan, both cities are clan atm, and if u need some support on what your doing im sure i can start an RK2 toon and get him/her upto 200+ in 2-3 weeks.
Wow, this is a great offer. Probably the best way to learn how to do this.. I could level a toon up with you and ask a million questions about how to get this going. If you're serious and ever really that bored, let me know, I'll hook you up with whatever you need on rk2. : )