help in 1st fixer grid quest

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

itayke

help in 1st fixer grid quest

Post by itayke » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi all
after almost finishing the first fixer grid quest, I'm trying to find the best way to get from sally tall at meetmedre to brena diamond at broken shores.
is there a near by grid terminal? or any good idea? :)
foolishly I've tried to take the wompah from omni-1 ent' to broken shores, and got shot on the spot... :oops:
so any good ideas are more then welcome!

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: help in 1st fixer grid quest

Post by Windguaerd » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:00 pm

itayke wrote:Hi all
after almost finishing the first fixer grid quest, I'm trying to find the best way to get from sally tall at meetmedre to brena diamond at broken shores.
is there a near by grid terminal? or any good idea? :)
foolishly I've tried to take the wompah from omni-1 ent' to broken shores, and got shot on the spot... :oops:
so any good ideas are more then welcome!
Well, MMD has a grid terminal, and Broken Shores also has a grid terminal.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

itayke

one more thing

Post by itayke » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:28 pm

in order not to get shot, I had to use the advi nano and get turned into a parrot, which means I can't use the grid, just wompahs

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: one more thing

Post by Windguaerd » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:43 am

itayke wrote:in order not to get shot, I had to use the advi nano and get turned into a parrot, which means I can't use the grid, just wompahs
MMD is neutral and the grid in BS has no guards near it.
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Demenzia

Post by Demenzia » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:57 am

The biggest problem of MMD used to be the 25% gas, if I remember well, but that was eons ago. Normally you shouldn't have any problems to go there, nor in BS, even if the run to Brenda might be a little dangerous if you're unlucky on the road. Seriously, don't bother with the Whompas; moreover, I'm not sure if their locations are very convenient for that quest.

Now, I've never done the quest on Clan side, all I know is that they may have a slightly harder time than OT or Neutral to do it, but it's definitely doable. Maybe an Engineer could help with a warp for one of those places? That way you may not need a morph all the way long.
Heart of Darkness - Anarchy Reloaded
[img]http://paradygma.com/img/ao/demsig.gif[/img]
Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining

Templar2

Post by Templar2 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:00 pm

when i did the quest on my fixer i usd a sweet little combo to get me around fast.

you get a nano that basically codes you into the grid eg "Reckless Digitalisation" you cast it fast and it pops you straight into grid from anywhere on RK, BUT it drops your health (hp) down to 1, this slows down your runspeed and ability to survive, have a long hot running before gridding and alls good.

i coded myself into the grid at MMD and took the broken shores exit and ran along the road to the witch woman, (i had GSF just to speed things up) :P

Timal

Post by Timal » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Maybe you could recruit a neutral engineer to warp you at the different spots you have to visit.

Thegenerator

Post by Thegenerator » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Helps a lot to have a yalm, hehe.
and you will need it anyway to get to the NPC in old athen. It's almost impossible to stay clear of the guards. (guess its doable though)
Greetz
-Gen-

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:53 pm

Speaking as an Engi, I find what fixers use most in the grid quests is... Well, Engis...! :lol:

Grab a couple of Engi mates & dump em at key possitions & then just have em warp you when you want... No fuss, no muss...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:00 pm

Ok... this is the guide I used to do both quests... I had both nanos by level 105

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=409495

Of course, this pre-supposes that you are Omni.... if you're Clan, you're on your own... LOL j/k.. should be able to use the guide either way...

On the team version, it helps to have 2 high level crats helping you.... One in Southern Artery Valley for the 2 borgs there and one in Southern Foul Hills...

Before you do the team version, practice using city whompah's and f-grid to get near the 3 borgs... as you only have 10 minutes between stops to do in the real quest....
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:13 pm

Btw our Fixer Quest guide is here.