Scripting dual-equipped weapons

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Thraktor

Scripting dual-equipped weapons

Post by Thraktor » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi, I searched and browsed the forums but couldn't find an answer to this question. Is it possible to create a script that will equip dual weapons with one click? I play an advy who (of course) uses dual weapons, but I find it a hassle that the left-hand weapon has to be dragged from the inventory and dropped on the left hand when the right-hand weapon can be placed on the quickbar and equiped with just a click.

If not a script to equip both weapons, is there a way to script equipping a weapon to the left-hand slot? That way I could equip both hands with just two clicks, instead of having to open the inventory (I use several weapons with similar icons, and speed is sometimes of the essence).

Another reason I ask is that I change weapons depending on circumstances (range, types of damage, etc.), so please don't just come back with "keep both weapons equipped all the time".

Thanks!

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:59 am

I presume you could do something like that with some 3rd party tool, but I doubt it would be looked upon kindly by FC. So I'd advise against trying this out.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Thraktor

Post by Thraktor » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:20 pm

I don't think you understood the question. I'm asking if it's posisble to script a bar shortcut that will equip a weapon to the left hand. I'm not asking to cheat the game in any way, I'm just trying to make a shortcut. I don't appreciate the accusation.

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:12 pm

I understood it all right. There's no macro that would allow that. Like I said, it would be only possible with 3rd party tool, but FC is dead set against unattended gameplay. There was just answer, no implications or accusations.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Weeping Willow

Post by Weeping Willow » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:11 pm

anyway ... do you swap your dualed weapon very often ??

(you invest too much IP in MM then :) )