its been awhile...

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

bisse123

its been awhile...

Post by bisse123 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:04 pm

Hi guys.
Been away from AO since the release of Alien Invasion Expansion. Would that be around two years? Played other MMORG's since that... SWG (Star Wars Galaxies), WOW, and recently Guildwars. All games have been fun to play... But every time missing the depth and complexity that AO have so much of. Latest Guildwars has a very fastpaced gameplay, a lot of action and so on... but again. Play it for a couple of months and you have been there and done that. (completing the game with several chars)
So, been thinking of making a comeback to AO.. at least to try it out and see if it still gets me excited ;-)
What are the changes to AO since AI? Have many left in favour of WOW? What profs have been nerfed and so on?
Would love if someone could give me a summary of things that have changed or stayed the same...
Thx a lot!

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:12 pm

People went to SWG and WoW...then when Sony killed the franchise with some unwise changes....they came back, WoW players are coming back because reaching the top level appears to be fairly easy now.

The last series of patches have been a bit of a let down to me, but before that they have significantly improved things, with new quests in SL, improving graphics, etc.

You want to check Community News, which usually covers all changes and updates to the game, and it has an archive.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:27 am

I still play Guild War's personally, L8 Ranger/Elementalist. Not too bad a game, but I can see why it get's boring. Getting p****d off trying to rescue the Prince's fiancee, way out in Grawl-ville, atm.
Stillian, 217/19 Doctor of Hells Heroes

former AOU Researcher

muce86

AI Goodies

Post by muce86 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:18 am

I was also gone for 2 years, while deployed, and I've noticed some very large changes. Alien Invasion brings a new depth to the game, especially with Lost Eden released today after the 190 hour down time :D . Newb Island has changed a whole lot, as you will notice. Aliens now are part of the start up, along with Aggroing Salamanders, Big Snakes, and LVL 10 "Evil Agents" who give no XP. The only thing you really missed was the time when the aliens on newb island dropped up to QL15 Alium Weapons. Which again is part of the changes. Alien Weapons, and especially armor, have ratified the term "twinking" in the way it was previously used. People are getting QL200 Implants in at level 90, its insane. The Alien Weapons have their ups and downs, but the armor, other than its price, is incredible. While your AI Helm may cost you 300m, its worth it when it gives bonuses to almost every weapon in your class, ie ranged, melee, phsical. With AI also came new perks, and depending on your profession, wonderful perks. Two of you can achieve at Newb Island. They add massive bonuses and fill spots that previously that had no benefits. AI Raids, ie going to your Orgs AI City, which almost all have now, killing a bunch of ugly aliens, then boarding their ship and killing everything in sight, have become quite popular with the Armor, Weapons, and Perks I previously mentioned. I say find a good org, do some raiding and see how you like it. GL and HF