Hello

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Mitamina

Hello

Post by Mitamina » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:43 am

Awesome site and forum :D

I hope you all can overcome my spelling, my english is not that good :?

Then for mu question : My Adv is now soon to be lvl 100, ranged and dualwielding Cdr`s.
I`m wearing a Carbon armor (not sure if that`s what I should wear?)
However my inplants are a mess. I`ve got a list of inplants that I`m supposed to wear but I`m not sure how to get my hands on it.

So now I need all the help/info I can get so I can bee able to set my inplants chaos to order :oops:

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:22 am

First of all, you need some implant tool like NanoNanny or Imatrix( I believe that's the corect name), you can google for them. Those allow you to plan what cluster goes to which implant (and what ql, how much they add, what are their requierments, etc..). With that you have list of clusters and implants you need. If we're talking full set of implants here, you need 2 backpacks and quite some patience. Next step is to visit shops and buy needed clusters. Since not all clusters are awailable in proper ql, you'll have to visit several shops or revisited same over period of time, when shop restock. Implants are bit harder, since by level 100 you can equip ql, that isn't sold in shops anymore. Just run missions for empty implants or buy them over shop channels. All you need to do now is to find tradeskiller to assemble them. Since I presume you don't have skills, sort those backpacks (implant, then clusters that goes to it, implant, then clusters, etc..). Just ask over shop channels or OOC (and do tell they are sorted, since you'll find tradeskiller sooner that way).

Hope this isn't too messy post and will help you get your implants.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Mitamina

Post by Mitamina » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:25 pm

Wow That was fast answerd :D

I have Nanonanny and a friend of mine sent me a list ower the inplants I need.. so I just need to get them.. :roll:
Maybe It will be a smart move start using clicksaver now..
Just need to figure out the names of the clusters.. :oops: :oops:

Is it possible that somone might sell a complete set of inplants? If it is.. what wiould the price bee?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi Mitamina,

You might find that checking your servers market forum in the AO forums will gain you the name of someone who builds imlpant sets for a set fee. Otherwise, sometimes people will offer their services on the shopping channels.

The names of the clusters are pretty straight forward and should be very similar if not the same as those that are given to you in nanonanny. Just make sure that you check whether it is faded, shiny or bright before you start going through the terminals :)

Good luck!

Banguela
AOU Webcomic Artist

Post by Banguela » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:47 am

Carbonum is ok for you lvl. Try to get a set as high as you can equip.

As for guns, you can keep one CDR but it's time to get a BBI for the other hand. BBI's can be bought in trader shops or blitzed. As the armor try to equip one as high as you can.

You can ask Trader/Engi for pistol buffs and a sold for fling buff if you need.

Always equip the BBI first as the MR req will probably be higher and then the CDR because it will check for the mr skill of the last pistol equiped.

Mitamina

Post by Mitamina » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:20 pm

So I`m supposed to not use two of this http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=156771

Is this http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=159037
The one I should equip insted? :?

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:22 pm

CDR is awesome weapon, mainly becouse it doesn't have capped effective attack rating. But I do believe there are better weapons out there for advies.

Using two same weapons is usually a waste, since you can use specials only from one of them. By-product of this is that you empty magazine of one of those faster and you loose attack to reloading. Two different weapons with different specials usually works better.

So yes, you'd probably be better off wielding one CDR and one BBI (just higher level). If you don't like that gun, you can try Joint Clans Scout Pistol, or any other profession specific gun. There are some generic pistols out there, that are interesting too, like Parasitic Hecataleech (drops in IS, alongside some other advy only gun).

PS: my advices are general, just following game mechanic. I don't play advy myself, so guns I have suggested might not be the best option. I would suggest you check official forums and what other advies have to say (there are sticky posts in professional sections, listing best equip).
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians