Tradeskill items that upgrade weapons

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

OlowNon

Tradeskill items that upgrade weapons

Post by OlowNon » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:10 pm

I may have asked this tangentially before, but let me ask straight out: Is there any market for low level (20-40) tradeskill items that upgrade weapons? What about in the 40-60 range?

I have a bunch, and want to know if they have any value beyond what a shop will give me. Examples:

Critical Close Area Examiner (sneak attack)

Intelliwipe Targeting Scope

Runtime Critical Area Analyzer (aimed shot)

4x Layer Carbon-Notum Alloy Rod (melee weapons)

Piercing Weapon Base

Primitive Freon Bag Cooling System

etc...

Also, details about what low-level tradeskill items "are" valuable (if any) would be appreciated.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:15 pm

I have no idea, I normaly just feed all those things straight into the terminals...

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:12 am

Those items don't upgrade weapons. They are used for building them from scratch. Those items are sold in shops and since there's extremly limited ql you can use at each process, they are rather useless. On how to build them: every shop sells recepies, but since 95% of those weapons sux, noone bothers with them.

As to which items are valueable at those levels...There are Robot Instruction discs (check MMR guide), maybe Ireparable Rivers IV and Notum fragments (used for Master engineer pistol and in case of notum, several other stuff).

Higher up, at level 60, there's PPPE soft/hard (MMR guide again) and GA1 disc. And at level 90 NS disc and Mist-Filled Jar ( Master engineer pistol again). If your lucky enough, you can get Sheet of Metaplast, which is valueable at any level, but doesn't sell well due to limited market.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

OlowNon

Post by OlowNon » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:50 am

MMR guide?

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:40 pm

This . As seen spelling is optional by me, sorry.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians