Quest - Escaped Prisoners location map

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Lamargo

Quest - Escaped Prisoners location map

Post by Lamargo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:04 am

Hi all,

I've made a crude map of the Prisoners location for those who don't like coords to follow! It's low quality and quickly made so bare that in mind.

If people like it and there is any use for a more detailed or polished looking map I can redo it with something a bit more powerful than M$ paint and include a key + info if required.

Please leave me some feedback on this so I know if it's warranted my time or not! :D

[img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6318/p ... mt4.th.jpg[/img]

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:21 am

If you're willing to polish it up a bit (I suggest different color for text and maybe bit smaller font so there wouldn't be need for arrows), we're be glad to include map in guide, crediting it ofc.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:40 am

The Atlas of Rubi Ka map has the new stuff in the change log for version 1.3.1

v1.3.1
Layer4 changes:
-Corrected location of Communications Tower #3
-Added Unicorn Duty Sergeant in Borealis
-Added Levon Karubian in Borealis
-Added Zyvania Bagh in Newland (SoM pointer/warper)
-Added Cody Monkie outside Newland (Biomare/Foremans pointer)
-Added Peacekeeper Coursey in Newland
-Added Tibor 'Rocketman' Nagy in Andromedia
-Moved Phasefront building to correct location
-Added Prisoners to Milky Way

Lamargo

Post by Lamargo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:36 pm

I didn't know about the updated map containing the whereabouts of the prisoners or I wouldn't have spent all that time yalming between them! :lol:

Do you still want this segmented version polished up for inclusion or will you just use the one from the Atlas of Rubi-Ka map?

I still feel that a map in the guide would be useful, regardless of wether mine is used or not. Not everyone knows about or likes to use the custom maps due to the "hassle" involved! :wink:

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:41 pm

If you would like to make your map more "polished" (dont use black shoe polish though, might make it completely illegible) then you are more than welcome and we would gladly use it in the guide :)

We really welcome almost everything that the community wants to contribute to the site - without the community, there is no point for AO Universe. So, I am definitely not going to tell you not to do something if you think you would like to do it and that the rest of the community would benefit :)

Lamargo

Post by Lamargo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks for confirming that, was just a tad confused as both your post and Trgeorge's seemed to be in opposition as to what I should do! :lol:

I still have the blank map so re-plotting the prisoners with hind sight wont be a problem, and I can also use gimp to do it rather than MS paint so the image quality should't degrade as much as this one has.

I'll post here once it's done.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:23 pm

I should just stop posting just as I am heading out the door - then at least my posts would be a little more complete and longer :D

I am looking forward to seeing your finished map!

Lamargo

Post by Lamargo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:53 pm

Ok, here it is:

[img]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5002 ... do7.th.jpg[/img]

Bit clearer than the last one plus fixed a couple of dumb mistakes which I think where caused by people training the mobs to wrong spots etc.

If it's included in the guide I'd be a happy li'l bunneh! :lol:

And if there is any feedback on this or it's felt something should be changed please say as it's all done on layers so easy to monkey with.
[img]http://www.scene-and-heard.com/ao/sigs/sig_lamargo.jpg[/img]
Lamargo (RK2) - AOU Researcher
General of Insanity Inc

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:57 am

Looks great! Thank you for taking the time to submit it :)

Lamargo

Post by Lamargo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:15 am

Thanks for putting it up on the guide.

I've had ideas for other maps and informational guides for various areas so I might bring them to fruition now that I've seen that even small additions are taken seriously! :D
Last edited by Lamargo on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
General of Insanity Inc

Lamargo

Post by Lamargo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:30 am

Just a little information regarding this quest.

The prisoners seems to each have a preference to which crystals they will drop. For example the Umbral Prisoner quite often will drop 3-4 Soul of the Illusionist's and a few random others whereas the Explosive likes to drop Soul of the Ranger more often.

I don't have specifics of each mob but it may be worth mentioning to people that camping 1 mob will be slower than touring them all. Perhaps partly due to the quest getting you to kill more than just the same mob and gain your reward so it assumes you will get a fair spread of all the drops. 12 mobs, 6 crystals so I 'd think you have at least twice the chance of getting what you want from touring than camping. :)
General of Insanity Inc