Got an idea for a site feature, a suggestion for an article, or spotted an error we made, feel free to post it here.
Guests can post here!
Sefus

Post by Sefus » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:31 pm

I don't know if it's my browser or what, but there's always new posts on the forums here and it doesn't indicate that on the lil icon next to it.

sometimes it does, but rarely.
Does this happen to anyone else or just me?

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:02 pm

As soon as you visit the page here, and you are logged in, your "last visit" timestamp is set to the current time, even if you do not look at the forums. This happens, as your account is active on the whole page, and not just the forums part.
Would it be useful to get this changed, so the last forum visit-time is another one then the last visit regular one? I mean, can get that changed somehow, might need a couple of days though, pretty busy currently here :P

As an alternative, if you visit daily that is, you could use the View Today's Posts function, as it can be found on the forum index page.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:43 pm

I've been saying this for ages, yes, it would be very helpful to get this done... ^^
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Sefus

Post by Sefus » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:23 pm

Hmm this seems to have worked right for me today.
It might have just been posts form today but anyway.....

Maybe I'll just change my bookmark to the forums page. That should show me new posts right?

EDIT: yeah that works well. Just have to remember to click on News every once inna while.