Anarchy Online Players Are Going to Love This!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Redruum

Anarchy Online Players Are Going to Love This!

Post by Redruum » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:16 am

On November 4th a book by the name of Smartbomb is going to be released. There will be an entire chapter on the virtual worlds of mmo's. Anarchy Online is focused on quite a bit! The only reason I know that is because they interviewed me (Redruum) and my clan's (Clan Anarchist Syndicate aka CAS) experiences in Anarchy Online. So go buy the book!

Over the past five years, authors Heather Chaplin and Aaron Ruby have immersed themselves in the videogame culture?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔé¼?Øattending multiple gaming conventions and interviewing the major entrepreneurs, inventors, and new pioneers throughout the industry?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós history?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔé¼?Øto research their fascinating and groundbreaking new book, SMARTBOMB: The Quest for Art, Entertainment, and Big Bucks in the Videogame Revolution (Algonquin Books, November 4, 2005).

SMARTBOMB reveals it all: From the hackers at MIT in the 1960s to Ferrari-driving developers of the modern-day industry, to professional ?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?àÔÇ£cyberathletes?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼? and multi-player virtual worlds, to why the U.S. military and corporations like Sony and Microsoft want in on the whole thing.

SMARTBOMB also covers:

The early days of Atari and how it served as the dawn of a new entertainment era
Shigeru Miyamoto, the legendary creator of Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., and The Legend of Zelda
John Romero and John Carmack, creators of the mega-successful first-person shooter games Doom and Quake
The highly competitive world of professional gaming, featuring Angel Munoz and the Cyberathlete Professional League
Will Wright, the genius behind the Sims phenomenond, with a look at the development of his upcoming Spore, which seeks to simulate Everything
The virtual worlds of multiplayer online games, such as Anarchy Online, Everquest, and Star Wars Galaxies
The U.S. military?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós use of videogames to train and recruit soldiers, including the commercial hit America?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós Army
The premiere of Microsoft?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós Xbox, Bill Gates?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós attempt to break into the lucrative videogame business
In lively and colorful profiles, Chaplin and Ruby show how videogames have taken over pop culture in the past twenty-five years, and how they have become?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔé¼?Øand will continue to be?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔé¼?Øthe predominant cultural medium of the future.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...=books&v=glance

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:56 am

Cool, gonna have to check this out...

Nice advert by the way...! :lol:

Infact, I might just pin this...

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:47 pm

Red you son of a leet! I thought you stopped playing AO a while ago!

Redruum

Post by Redruum » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:05 am

Haha....good old Wind! Just seeing the name brings back memories! I haven't really gotten back into AO full force. I have been in and out here and there, but nothing too serious. I am sort of looking forward to Funcom's new mmo Age of Conan, but we will see what happens.